Sight for Satori?

slatty

WKR
My apologies if this is somewhere to be found, but I haven't been able to find it on the forums.

I have shot a Bear recurve for a long time and have recently picked up a Satori riser with Hoyt limbs. My initial impression is that it's a rocketship for arrows compared to what i'm used to at the same draw weight! It was time for something new and I also want to experiment with using a sight. I have the 19" riser which has sight mounting holes (on the other side from the shelf). I was hoping to use something like the SRF sighting system, a very simple sight. I have never used a sight and am finding delving into the world of mounting plates / brackets very confusing.

Could you help me in figuring out how to mount a sight onto the satori / recommend any sights for the bow? Thanks for any help you can give.

All I know is that the satori is standard AMO spacing and threads for the sight holes. My guess is you will not find much more info than that as moat do not shoot a sight.

I would guess any standard sight would fit, but would caution against any that have a large sight housing as you may run into clearance issues given the trajectory of a trad bow. The SRF would be a good option but have no idea if its standard AMO spacing. I know the origional designer liked to use proprietary fittings and bolts on other products he made.

I just looked on 3 Rivers and it appears there are several SRF brackets that will work for an AMO drilled sight. Any of those should work. I'd error on one with the most vertical adjustments.

OP
slatty

slatty

WKR
I just looked on 3 Rivers and it appears there are several SRF brackets that will work for an AMO drilled sight. Any of those should work. I'd error on one with the most vertical adjustments.
Ok thanks for the advice. I think i'm visualizing in my head how this would mount. Looking at the 3R website I think you're referring to this. I will call and speak with them but I think the Universal mount would be best for the SRF sight system, from what I can tell.

Ok thanks for the advice. I think i'm visualizing in my head how this would mount. Looking at the 3R website I think you're referring to this. I will call and speak with them but I think the Universal mount would be best for the SRF sight system, from what I can tell.
Yep. Those AMO compatible mounts should get an SRF mounted on the satori.