Sight tapes

Barnesnbow

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious if anybody has ever had this happen. I’ve chronographed my bow and I switched up my arrow setup to about 500 gr with 175 gr up front. Put the sight tape on according to the FPS and I am dead on from 20 to 50 yards. At sixty I’m about 6” high and about 12” at 70. I am only shooting 262 FPS with a 3 pin slider. Haven’t shot passed 70 just thought it was strange to be shooting high the further out.

OR Archer

WKR
You’re probably changing your anchor point to adjust for the lower sight housing causing the high impact at distance. It’s pretty common thing for people to do.

Another thing it could be is just making a sight tape by chrono speed. I just printed a tape from Archers Advantage and had to use a tape that was 8 FPS slow in order to hit all my marks. Every printer is different and sometimes the scales can be off. You can’t just type in your arrow speed and print a tape and get a perfect tape every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big44a4

WKR
Another thing it could be is just making a sight tape by chrono speed. I just printed a tape from Archers Advantage and had to use a tape that was 8 FPS slow in order to hit all my marks. Every printer is different and sometimes the scales can be off. You can’t just type in your arrow speed and print a tape and get a perfect tape every time.

I believe AA glitches sometimes and doesn’t update per your setup changes. I’ve had times where I’ve switched setups and went back to another just to tinker with the program and the tape is calibrated per the other arrow setup. Nothing I could do would change it. Have to log out and log back in to start over.

That said I’ve used tapes that are slower and faster etc. but 9/10 times the tape is within 3-5 FPS. Could be chrono error etc. I manually input my marks using the dial reading from my Hogg father and have printed accurate tapes out to 150 yards.

Another pointer is to place the tape on the sight at a longer distance say 60-80 yards so you know that mark is on. Then shoot your way closer verifying closer marks. Then can go longer or do whatever. But at 20 yards there is too much error and it will show up at longer distances.