IQ Sights

Hey y'all! I currently have a single pin slider but noticed this year that although I'm pretty accurate with it, having to mess with changing the distance on it all the time is a potential issue while out hunting. Looking to transition to a sight with a couple fixed pins and a slider/floating pin to let me have known close distance shots then the slider for farther shots.

I saw the IQ Pro Hunter can do it and am looking for any personal experience with it (pros/cons) or any other suggestions for similar type sights.

I shoot a Halon and 440-460 gr arrows, currently live in Colorado, but hunt all over and will be moving to the south in about 16 months. Thanks y'all!

IQ sights are mediocre at best. The ones I have owned or set up for others have been prone to moving after being set. The movements are stiff and difficult to get fine adjustments with.

The retina lock is a gimmick and tends to divert your attention from your shot sequence.

I'm sure lots of people use them because they're cheap, but in my opinion there are much better options. You could probably find a used MBG slider for a similar price.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
The IQ sight does not have a free floater adjustable pin that im aware of. I have a 5 pin IQ pro on my elk setup. Black Gold has a fixed /slider option and so does the Option 6 from Option archery.

Edit: I see now that IQ does have a slider, but a low quality sight as doncarpenter pointed out. I have recently switched to a Garmin Xero A1 that i will be using going forward.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
The iq pro hunter is a great site I hunted with one for a few years never had a single issue with it tough as heck only thing is u need a bigger peep it’s a great site. I like having 20-30-40 for most shots from the tree and having that one pin as a floater without the entire housing moving for longer shots… with a 550 grain arrow and 29 inch draw 77 pounds I could get it to 85 yards before I had to use the bubble.I would say it’s far from a low quality site I use a spot hogg fast Eddie now and even cbe and that iq was way cheaper and does just as good the one thing I wish it had was a 10 thousandth fiber on the bottom pin. I have 2 other buddies that still hunt with it one has had it on 3 different bows over the last 5 years or so same thing zero issues…
The retina part I never used though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
I got the 3 pin after the season to experiment with shooting peepless, because I hate peeps in low light white tail hunting in new england, and so far so good but havent hauled it up and down a tree yet so can't speak to durability. The pin adjustment isnt as fine as other brands, the housing adjustment is very nice.

Elkslut

FNG
I really like my Spot Hogg. Rigid, clear, micro adjustable. It would take quite a bit to get me to change my mind.

If/when you want to sell it the resale won't be as good as Hogg, HHA, Axcel, etc. I basically gave a basic version model of the IQ away on AT. It came on a used bow set up I bought.

All of my bows carry an HHA Ryze with Ultraview 3 pin scope. Bottom pin becomes my floater. I’ve tried a dozen sights with half that many pin configurations and this is the best I’ve found. Pins to forty and then dial after that. Not too cluttered and simple to remember in the moment.