Sight upgrade?

I still shoot a switchback xt and plan to for awhile.I have a accent verdict 3 pin on a dovetail that i have no issues with.I shot tac last year out to. 90 plus.My buddy wants a new sight for his bow and ask about mine.Is there a reason to upgrade,something out there substantially better in a 3 pin.I hunt whitetail mainly but like shooting the tac events etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 31
I'm really intrigued by the new Option Archery canyon pounder sight. Looks pretty sweet, and with the single and 2/4 pin fixed seems like a fairly cool idea for people that want a slider for 3d and fixed for out hunting. Will likely be my next sight.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn’t pay $500 for a hunting sight especially given the performance of any MGB is really more than adequate, especially if you have micro adjust and .10 pro pin. If you have deep pockets and don’t care send it. Arxos but they haven’t worked all the bugs out of them yet.

OP
C
Not really wanting any extra bs,dont really care for micro adjustments etc.
Only one that trips my trigger is the custom mtn lite 3 pin for the simplicity.Hell its almost as much as the ones with all the micro adjustments

Not really wanting any extra bs,dont really care for micro adjustments etc.
Only one that trips my trigger is the custom mtn lite 3 pin for the simplicity.Hell its almost as much as the ones with all the micro adjustments
The mtn lite is my favorite sight I have used, I currently am shooting a fast Eddie but am going to sell it for another mtn lite, I think they are a great sight. I had one on a bow for 3 years and it was zero maintenance, even in the coast brush, moisture, and caked in fern pollen most of its life, now it’s on my wife’s bow, and I miss it.

I have mostly shot spot hogg over the years, but since shooting a black gold 8-ish years ago, I have come to prefer them. I have had a 5 pin ascent, whitetail, and mtn lite, mtn lite being my favorite

Of course it’s all personal preference, there are lots of great sights, but I have become a black gold fan, simple, lightweight, excellent pins, not much fluff

OR Archer

WKR
I'm really intrigued by the new Option Archery canyon pounder sight. Looks pretty sweet, and with the single and 2/4 pin fixed seems like a fairly cool idea for people that want a slider for 3d and fixed for out hunting. Will likely be my next sight.

My only wish on this sight is a second yardage pointer for when the multi pin housing is closed so that the bottom pin could be used as the floater. Otherwise it checks off all the boxes for me.

JStol5

WKR
Look at HHA.. excellent sights, and unbeatable customer service and warranty.

My only wish on this sight is a second yardage pointer for when the multi pin housing is closed so that the bottom pin could be used as the floater. Otherwise it checks off all the boxes for me.
Technically it does have a second pointer. However, it is on a second tape on the outside of the sight. I do wish it had the second adjustable pointer on the inside tape.

OR Archer

WKR
Technically it does have a second pointer. However, it is on a second tape on the outside of the sight. I do wish it had the second adjustable pointer on the inside tape.
Yeah I saw that on a video after I had posted this. I am of the same thought that it’d be nice on the same sight tape. Maybe differentiated by two different color pointers.

nphunter

WKR
I’m a CBE fan, shot a Tek Hybrid 5 pin for 8 years. Just replaced it with and Axcel Accuhunter and I pulled it back off the same day I got it and sold it in the classifieds. Bought a CBE Trek Pro and I think it’s going to be a great sight. Similar to the old sight but refined all around, stronger pins, micro adjust and metal tapes.