Silencer Co Harvester with 300wm

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone put a significant number of 300wm rounds through a Harvester Evo? It is rated for 300wm with a 20” barrel I have 22” barrel pushing a a near max charge behind a 208gr eldm. I don’t see any pressure signs and am 1gr below book max. Is this something I need to be concerned about riding the line on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
95863959496a9466cd1176c0ba0377c9.jpg

Well this is the issue, the original question was rhetorical. This happened to my Harvester after 3 shots with my 22” 300wm. It blew apart at the weld and I never found the other part. I don’t think it was a baffle strike because all three shots were in the bullseye.

To be clear I am not hating on Silencer Co and their customer and turn around was good. I have since received my repaired suppressor. When I asked their customer service they didn’t really have a good answer as to why it happened.

I am however pretty reluctant to shoot it on that rifle with that load again.

Also, this was NOT one of the serial numbers that was part of the recall. The suppressor has less than 300 total rounds through it with 90% being from my bolt .223.

Do you know when your original was produced? I have one and it would be good to know if they were manufactured around the same time.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
It was before the recall, not sure the manufacturer date but it was purchased in April of 22, I took possession in February 23.

Just to clarify, now that you have shown the picture, mine is one of the original Harvesters, not an EVO, which yours clearly is.

I would agree that it was a defective weld, or a baffle strike. Was the part that was attached to your gun still on their tightly after the failure?

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
It is a Harvester Evo. It was direct threaded on a gun that had just been threaded. It was till tight when it happened. Obviously my first thought was a baffle strike due to a bad thread job. But this guy has a great reputation and I have verified the work with a rod by a third party. No issues with the cut and thread.

It is a Harvester Evo. It was direct threaded on a gun that had just been threaded. It was till tight when it happened. Obviously my first thought was a baffle strike due to a bad thread job. But this guy has a great reputation and I have verified the work with a rod by a third party. No issues with the cut and thread.

Probably just a bad weld then.

I witnessed a Hybrid 46 come apart on a 33 Nosler last month. It was a standard barrel length (24"). Guy said it was the second time it has happened. The first time it split the tube, this time it just launched the guts about 125 yards.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks freaking scary, it honestly makes me scared to shoot this thing again in the 300wm. Worst is I have a Scythe Ti I’m waiting on that I purchased for this particular rifle.

Weldor

WKR
Wow, I have the the old Harvester 30, Lost count on rounds down range. Never a issue. I would shoot it. If it does it again, then it is time to check other aspects.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll probably wait until I have the scythe. That way if something goes wrong I will not be without again.