Simplifying Bow Setup

WCB

WKR
I went to a shorter bow and ended up regretting it. I plain and simply didn't shoot it as well. If anything just have a stabilizer for when you are in the stand and take the back bar off.

With that said I have two Bowtech Prodigys. 1 is my standard bow for spot and stalk or in a stand (I'll shoot out farther than your stating though). It has a 12 inch front stabilizer and is set at 70lbs. My second one I just reconfigured for hunting late season out of a blind. 62lbs, 6" stabilizer, I have the cams set on the comfort setting, 4" vanes, etc. More forgiving, easier to draw in subzero weather after sitting for hours. Usually shots are 30 and in. So I get what you are going for.

Just some post-season thoughts I’m having as I count down the days until September. Also, I’m intentionally posting this in the whitetail section versus the archery, because I feel i can better reach the audience that id like to hear more thoughts and comments from.

I shoot a Mathews V3 31, 68lbs 29in DL. Front and rear bars, MBG 3 pin slider. I absolutely love my bow and shoot about as often as I can in the yard. This was the first year I really got into bow hunting and killed my first two deer with a bow (both does). I love tinkering and playing with gear. Sights, rests, releases, you name it. I don’t think I have an over complicated setup by any means, but have any of you ever “simplified” your bow set up for whitetail only hunting? The farthest I’ll shoot at a deer is 30 yards, maybe 35 if everything is perfect. With that in mind, I’ve often thought about going to a shorter ATA bow, simple 1/2 pin sight, ease up on the stabilizers, hell, maybe even back to an index release. There was times when I wished my bow was a little lighter, a little shorter, etc, although I can’t say that I ever missed a shot opportunity because of my gear. Maybe I’m just wanting someone to tell me I need another bow. A dedicated 3D bow and a simple hunting bow, idk. If anyone has had similar thoughts or done this themselves, let me know. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lot of guys I know don't even shoot with a stabilizer anymore! For shots 30 or less, it doesnt seem to be a huge deal

I have used a back on a few bows and myself I don’t feel like for 40-50 and less like most whitetail shots happen it’s overkill. I know a lot of people will disagree and I’m no expert by any means. But I get along good with good front bar.