Sirius Orion Reviews

Pretty strongly considering the switch to micro's and the sirius orion has caught my eye. Curious what everyone's experience with them is. I'm mostly interested in durability when hitting something hard. I'm also considering Day Six as another option. I have heard great things about the Day Six but I could load up the front significantly more with an orion and end at the same total arrow weight (yes I get this will weaken the spine and I have factored that into the equation). VAP SS is another on my radar as well. This would be an all around arrow but primary use is elk hunting with other western big game mixed in.

I'm shooting a 77# bow at a 30" draw length. Would be looking at a total arrow weight around the 520 gr or so.

Bump79

WKR
I've been shooting the Element Storm Shafts in 300 spine for several years. Fantastic shafts - so are X-Impacts & Killn Stix Micro LT.

Those Orions are neat - the half jacket outsert is a winner. The price is just nutso.

Not the same arrow but I bought some Geminis this year. I would say request Sirius to properly package any arrow you buy from them. The 6 I ordered came in a pretty beat up box and held together with rubber bands. The box had no padding or filler, just 6 arrows and two rubber bands bouncing around in a box across the country.

They are nice arrows, I was a bit disappointed by the amount of wobble in their .0015 straightness even with Sirius cutting them. That being said they do shoot well and seem durable. I will more than likely buy more at full length assuming they are willing to improve their shipping packaging.

Dennis

WKR
I shot Sirius Orion's for several years which were nice, along with several versions of the Victory VAP. Both shafts worked well, however In the end I switched to the Sirius Apollo's (.204 via) to increase durability and shaft strength even more.

OP
W
I shot Sirius Orion's for several years which were nice, along with several versions of the Victory VAP. Both shafts worked well, however In the end I switched to the Sirius Apollo's (.204 via) to increase durability and shaft strength even more.
Thanks for the info. Were you breaking shafts often with the Orions? Any instances where the Apollo holds up that an Orion would have broke?

WVHick

FNG
I shoot the Gemini's. While not the Orion's, they've been great. Very tough and lighter than the Apollos.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t speak for the Orions in particular but I’m on my second dozen of the Apollo 250’s. They have been extremely tough and consistent.

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
I have used several .166’s (GT Platinum Pierce, VAP, VAP TKO, Easton Axis, Orion) and Orions are my favorite with VAP’s coming in a close second.

The Orions are simply more durable than the others and seem to suit my bow/form better. Are they worth the extra cost? That depends on what you need them for I suppose. If I were going on a long back country hunt, they are all I would take. If it’s for the whitetail woods, probably not.

It’s of note that the differences are very subjective and I’m just sharing my perspective.

For reference, my setup is: Hoyt RX7 Ultra, 80Lbs, 31” DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis

WKR
Splits at the back of the shafts from hitting my nocks seemed to be my problem. Not really a shaft weakness. The Apollo’s do seem tougher in my opinion.