Sitka Aerolite Bag vs Marmot Helium 15?

gostovp

WKR
The Marmot Helieum 15 is currently on sale on Marmots webs site, but I currently have the Sitka AeroLite 30 bag. For Sept Archery elk is the Marmot worth me buying it considering what I already have? The Sitka and Marmot are about the same size and I do know one is synthetic the other is down. The Sitka bag does pack down well and I have a mil surp woobie as well if needed… the Marmot is a great deal just not sure if a huge upgrade

The Marmot Helieum 15 is currently on sale on Marmots webs site, but I currently have the Sitka AeroLite 30 bag. For Sept Archery elk is the Marmot worth me buying it considering what I already have? The Sitka and Marmot are about the same size and I do know one is synthetic the other is down. The Sitka bag does pack down well and I have a mil surp woobie as well if needed… the Marmot is a great deal just not sure if a huge upgrade
Looking at the comfort ratings, 30 for the Sitka and 22 for the Helium, it'd be a hard pass as there's not enough spread to make it worthwhile.

FYI, the Marmot is now showing out of stock.

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
The Long version is still in stock.
But yeah it is only a 12 degree difference, the limit rating is 28 on the Sitka, and the marmot is 16.

FWIW - There are some how to videos on how to layer up the Sitka as part of a “system” to get to colder temps. I have used a poncho liner or Kifaru woombie to take my 20* bag to colder temps.