Sitka cloudburst

Who here wears this rain gear? I’d like to hear some real world reviews. They’re on sale right now and I’m in the market for good solid rain gear. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been debating picking some up myself. My brother in law purchased some last year, and the verdict from him is that it is terrific at keeping you dry and that it breaths quite well. Overall he said he’s been very happy with it. The only downside he mentioned is that it is noisy when walking through brush, which is pretty much par for the course with any rain gear. I don’t think he’s owned it long enough to speak to the durability, maybe someone who has had a set for more than a year or two will chime in.

After a decade of hard use I need to retreat the goretex. Still keeps my dry from rain but sweat doesn’t exit as well as it once did. Also doesn’t dry out completely overnight.

But when I say a decade of hard use I’m talking rainforest inches of rain day after day of hard use and it’s held up much better than any other rain gear I’ve owned. I’ve mostly used it steelheading.

Probably over kill for the average “out west” backpack hunt where you need to sit out an afternoon storm. I think the light weight goretex packable shell stuff is preferred for that. But if your hunts take you to the Pacific coast or SE/Kodiak Ak then it’s awesome stuff!

If you’ve ever lived in Simms waders for a week of rain and wading you’ll find that the Cloudburst performs about the exact same. I think it’s the same stuff.

After a decade of hard use I need to retreat the goretex. Still keeps my dry from rain but sweat doesn’t exit as well as it once did. Also doesn’t dry out completely overnight.

But when I say a decade of hard use I’m talking rainforest inches of rain day after day of hard use and it’s held up much better than any other rain gear I’ve owned. I’ve mostly used it steelheading.

Probably over kill for the average “out west” backpack hunt where you need to sit out an afternoon storm. I think the light weight goretex packable shell stuff is preferred for that. But if your hunts take you to the Pacific coast or SE/Kodiak Ak then it’s awesome stuff!

If you’ve ever lived in Simms waders for a week of rain and wading you’ll find that the Cloudburst performs about the exact same. I think it’s the same stuff.
I would say that’s a pretty solid endorsement with regards to durability. The membrane of any Gore-Tex product will get clogged up eventually and become less breathable over time. My understanding is that the best way to mitigate the problem is to clean it regularly.

I would say that’s a pretty solid endorsement with regards to durability. The membrane of any Gore-Tex product will get clogged up eventually and become less breathable over time. My understanding is that the best way to mitigate the problem is to clean it regularly.

So stuffed in the fish box under the rowers seat wasn’t optimal :).

I’m actually stunned the zippers still work now that I think about it. May be the best performing clothing product I’ve ever purchased.

I purchased both the jacket and the pants. Last years hunting in MT was the wettest and snowiest i have ever been in and boy was i glad i invested in the cloudbursts! I guess they are a little loud going through the brush but they are burly, i never worried about them getting shredded. They are a little heavier than other stuff but they were worth every ounce when it was dumping. If you plan on being in very wet weather i would highly suggest them.

I’ve had my set for a few years now and happy with the purchase. The use has mostly been is MT and UT so they don’t get pulled out on a regular basis but they haven’t failed when needed. I would purchase again.

Back