Sitka Finally did it!

Chuckybmd

WKR
Good to know. I’ve been mixing and matching camo quite a bit. I would say I am very heat sensitive.

On most warm weather hunts I wear kuiu Tiburon pants that have a more breathable fabric and large vents.

HUNT JR

WKR
If they would do this on all of their pants, they would have winners. They finally made a zip off bottom baselayer, but then made it 3/4 just to ruin it for me.

Lawnboi

WKR
They finally did, but they have officially surpassed what I can reasonably spend on a pair of light pants.

Have a lot of their stuff, like a lot of their stuff. But they have surpassed what I can spend on clothing, even with a discount.

I don’t see how they can compete when competitors offer an equal product(in some cases) for half the price.

OP
Bearsears

Bearsears

WKR
If they would do this on all of their pants, they would have winners. They finally made a zip off bottom baselayer, but then made it 3/4 just to ruin it for me.
Im actually pretty interested in these. I personally like the 3/4 length for late season stuff. I like to wear taller boots with a two sock system and a 3/4 base interferes less in my experience. I also like that this 330 weight stuff has a synthetic inner to pull the moisture off the skin. I hate the clammy feeling of merino in cold weather. I might actually try some merino again lol.

I am curious about what is similar but half the price? This is a pant that has a hip vent, knee pads(removable/replaceable), ultra quiet (going by what the description says), with a tough nylon outer with a softer merino feel inside.

What compares?

I know there are a lot of durable pants out there but quiet isn’t in the description. I know of a lot of quiet pants out there but durable isn’t in their description.

Lawnboi

WKR
I am curious about what is similar but half the price? This is a pant that has a hip vent, knee pads(removable/replaceable), ultra quiet (going by what the description says), with a tough nylon outer with a softer merino feel inside.

What compares?

I know there are a lot of durable pants out there but quiet isn’t in the description. I know of a lot of quiet pants out there but durable isn’t in their description.
Maybe not directly but I prefer attacks over any Sitka offering i have ever used. Maybe not a direct comparison but either are they to what I replaced with them.

TXCO

WKR
Im curious about the merino backer. Could save weight and money by eliminating a layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been out of the loop, so I was surprised to see the announcement email in my inbox this morning. Sounds like a nice pant and it is exciting to see Sitka embracing more wool. For me, I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on closeout Apex inventory. I'm not a big fan of knee pads and rarely do I use side vents on other pants I have, just not enough to sell me on the extra $$ right now.

We need some real world comparison for noise level. Thats the point of the intercept pants….ultra quiet durable.

I know most real world bow hunting situations have some ambient wind noise, but those ultra calm days where every move is heard are where something like the intercept could shine (if they are as quiet as advertised)

Im curious about the merino backer. Could save weight and money by eliminating a layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe that was the justification for the venting? It added more warmth than necessary for the early season? Could make this an all-year pant in drier climates with an appropriate base layer.

zpearo

FNG

What compares?

These are super durable, quiet, and comfortable, and have hip vents. No knee pads, but you could always have those sewn in for cheap if it's important to you. They are a warm pant though, so better for October hunts than September.

Not discounting what you posted, the pants by sitka are designed for august and sept archery hunts, not october when most of the big game seasons are muzzie and gun hunts.

While it would be fun to buy several options and test them, i don’t have the money to do that. But one thing is very obviously missing from the description from the drake pants, quiet….i am sure with a fleece they are more quiet than other pants, but historically durable and quiet do not get along.

Elkangle

WKR
Not discounting what you posted, the pants by sitka are designed for august and sept archery hunts, not october when most of the big game seasons are muzzie and gun hunts.

While it would be fun to buy several options and test them, i don’t have the money to do that. But one thing is very obviously missing from the description from the drake pants, quiet….i am sure with a fleece they are more quiet than other pants, but historically durable and quiet do not get along.

Zip off long johns turn any September pant into an October pant