Sitka Finally did it!

In well-used pants with mesh, they get stuck in the zipper when they fray and they also don't breathe as well as non-mesh.
curious what pant model you are referring to? only ask bc I'm on year 6 in my first pair of tiburons and they are still going strong, never thought of that possibly being an issue. wear them year round too hunting here. ticks and mosquitos would be a bigger issue with meshless vents

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
curious what pant model you are referring to? only ask bc I'm on year 6 in my first pair of tiburons and they are still going strong, never thought of that possibly being an issue. wear them year round too hunting here. ticks and mosquitos would be a bigger issue with meshless vents
Attack pants and probably my favorite early-season pants, the Kutana. I cut the mesh out of my Kutana's because they were so frayed.

Attack pants and probably my favorite early-season pants, the Kutana. I cut the mesh out of my Kutana's because they were so frayed.
Gotcha that sucks about the kutanas. I've had thread pulls and some stitching on the waist band and pockets start to fall apart but they are still serviceable. hip zips though have never been an issue.

TheTone

WKR
I own a ton of Sitka stuff but the way the prices have gone up over the past few years has been crazy! Guess you gotta find a way to pay all the influencers and for the $20,000 staffer elk hunts

Super tag

WKR
Now if they made their sizes to fit real people they would really have a win. Hate the way they do their sizes. I wear mostly Sitka but the pants line is a joke, I’m 5’9” and have a real tough time with the lengths and how they fit in general, especially with a layer underneath. But it seems all of these manufacturers do the same thing, it’s like who gave the sizing department their job for hell sakes. Kuiu is a little better but both of them have the sizing issues.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Now if they made their sizes to fit real people they would really have a win. Hate the way they do their sizes. I wear mostly Sitka but the pants line is a joke, I’m 5’9” and have a real tough time with the lengths and how they fit in general, especially with a layer underneath. But it seems all of these manufacturers do the same thing, it’s like who gave the sizing department their job for hell sakes. Kuiu is a little better but both of them have the sizing issues.
This! It’s insane that anyone is willing to pay these prices and then have to often times have them tailored or deal with the size being off.

TheTone

WKR
Sure seems like they could have added the hip vents across the pant product line if they felt like they were a good enough feature. Of course that might hurt sales of the new exciting product

fatlander

WKR
While I know it will never happen, my wish would be the OG ascents with a hip vent. That would be the best bow hunting pant on the market and I imagine it could be done for half this price.

I’m sure these pants are great but there’s no way they’re twice the pant of attacks or kutanas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
While I know it will never happen, my wish would be the OG ascents with a hip vent. That would be the best bow hunting pant on the market and I imagine it could be done for half this price.

I’m sure these pants are great but there’s no way they’re twice the pant of attacks or kutanas.

My Apex pants are quieter than all those other pants by far. If the intercepts are truly an improvement, they’ll be hard to beat for bowhunting.

fatlander

WKR
My Apex pants are quieter than all those other pants by far. If the intercepts are truly an improvement, they’ll be hard to beat for bowhunting.

Man attacks are pretty darn quiet as are the original ascents. They’re quiet to the point I wouldn’t think a stalk was blown because of the pants: it’d be blown because you hit something you shouldn’t have or you got caught moving. The kutanas are darn quiet for what they are.

I think the noise element is far over blown. If you’re brushing up against dry/dead stuff or walking on dry/dead stuff or just getting caught moving, that’s blowing stalks. Not your lack of 300 dollar pants.

I think the noise element is far over blown. If you’re brushing up against dry/dead stuff or walking on dry/dead stuff or just getting caught moving, that’s blowing stalks. Not your lack of 300 dollar pants.
completely agree. from someone who blows stalks yearround off the ground on axis deer if anything is going to blow your stalk its wind, then what you step on, maybe sounds from nicking arrow, then bino harness/rangefinder sounds, and pretty far down there is pants. i got some corrugate lites that were super loud when rubbed together holding them but once you got in the field the tapered cut meant they never rubbed and it didn't matter.

I found I preferred the net lining on my Kuiu pants to the unlined first lite foundry’s When I squatted down behind a hedge row mid hunt and got a stick of thorns jabbed into my bare thigh. The Sitka version looks interesting but I am not sure it will replace kuiu for me.

NFN, ~$300 for a pair of hunting pants seems a little spendy as well.

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Man attacks are pretty darn quiet as are the original ascents. They’re quiet to the point I wouldn’t think a stalk was blown because of the pants: it’d be blown because you hit something you shouldn’t have or you got caught moving. The kutanas are darn quiet for what they are.

I agree with you. Your skills in the field are what really matter. I’m just stating what I’ve observed out of the pants I’ve worn. None of the other pants are “loud”, with the exception of whatever version of the ascents I have.

fatlander

WKR
I agree with you. Your skills in the field are what really matter. I’m just stating what I’ve observed out of the pants I’ve worn. None of the other pants are “loud”, with the exception of whatever version of the ascents I have.

That’s the new version. They’re louder than my rain pants.

The OG ascents were awesome.

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
That’s the new version. They’re louder than my rain pants.

The OG ascents were awesome.
They’re so bad I usually opt to take the Kutanas despite them being hotter. Of the pants I’ve worn, I’d rank them: Apex, Attack, Kutana/Mountain, Ascents, Talus.

I ordered the Intercept set and I’ll post here once I get them, but I’m sure everyone else will too. I’m in a different situation and luckily don’t have to pay what everyone else does.

I like mesh in the hip vents for the simple fact that when I go into public and forget to zip back up, I'm not flashing half a naked leg. My ten year old pair of Attacks did have mesh fray and the zipper catch. I just cut it away and they keep on rocking.