Sitka Flash Pullover on Hunt of the Day

Like mine. It will shed water well but the seam are not taped. If you plan to use it as full on rain gear think about some seam sealer.

OP
L
Like mine. It will shed water well but the seam are not taped. If you plan to use it as full on rain gear think about some seam sealer.
Do you have the latest model? The description says "Seam Taped, Gore-Tex Infinium". It might be a later model than the one you have (or an earlier model?).

Mine is a few years older and definitely not taped. Taped would be the bees knees for a "just in case" rain jacket the could handle the wind. As it is, mine does OK with a little rain but the seems will weep a bit of moisture. Not the end of the world but not ideal in really bad conditions. In fairness, that is asking the jacket to do what it wasn't built for.

OP
L
It is a little noisy, but I use it for rifle hunting. It would probably be too loud for bow hunting. If I need it due to rain, there would probably be enough "outside noise" that would help cover up the fabric noise on the Cloudburst. It worked great last October in New Mexico when I was in a blind, and a front moved through with heavy rain, then hail, then started snowing. The Cloudburst jacket and pants earned their keep that day (evening) by keeping me perfectly dry. I was happy I spent the money on them.

Last edited: