Sitka Layering

Bmanges

FNG
Hi all, been stalking classifieds looking to get into some Sitka gear, My question for guy that use Sitka layering, do you increase size as you get toward outer layers? Or if you are say large size, will every layer be large?

I go same size though every layer. I'm 6'1 190 lbs and do large all the way through. Could probably do some medium but I don't like feeling constricted

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure this helps but it Depends on the piece for me and it feels like they have slimmed things down a bit recently.

For tops I am a XXL or An XL tall in most of their stuff. I find their base layers more snug fitting. All my base layer stuff is XXL. If I want to wear outer wear without layers I go XL. If I want to layer underneath I go XXL like on a jet stream jacket. It doesn’t always work as I have a 2018 XXL kelvin lite hoody that feels much more slim than a XXL from a couple years back.

Pants I have to size up one or two size just to get my ass and thighs in them.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
My advise is to go to one of the big box stores and try what they have on. I did that and I was surprised that my sizing ranged from L to XXL depending on the garment. You can also get a feel for the pieces you like or dislike that way. I refuse to buy from the store I tried them all on because Sitka will never be on sale there, but now I know what to wait for.

Thess87

WKR
For sure if you can find a spot to try on as much as you can. Different pieces seem to fit differently.

OP
B

Bmanges

FNG
I have a Cabela’s about 30 miles away but it’s pretty slim pickings right now. Thanks for tips. This Sitka shopping is getting addicting.

wapitibob

WKR
I use 2xl tall in the Core hvy wt and jetstream jacket (tall is about 1/3 size more volume), and xl in the Kelvin Down hoody puffy. The jetstream is slightly bigger than I wanted but the regular 2xl is just a tad too small. And the regular jetstreams are short. The Kelvin is made oversize and is giant. I can wear the jetstream under the Kelvin, snug but not tight.

OP
B

Bmanges

FNG
I got a pretty good deal on a fanatic light bibs and jacket large, the jacket fits good but doesn’t seem m
Like much room for layering, which may not be a problem for early season. Now I’m thinking maybe try to find a status jacket and pants in xl for mid to late season.(has Gore windstopper so I think it might be a better choice for go to setup). Then maybe find a fanatic jacket for late season and use with the fanatic light bibs.

OP
B

Bmanges

FNG
Great, thanks.
That’s a tough question to answer, from what I’ve seen it’s well thought out and high quality. I think weather or not it’s worth the money is up to the individual.

cfbrown81

FNG
Is the fanatic line worth the $$$

I absolutely LOVE the Fanatic Vest and Jacket. Vest more so while bowhunting. Im good down to 30 with a good base layer. The hand warmer is the real deal in these. Has an organizer pouch on the front for snacks, release, puffer, grunt tube holder, rangefinder pocket. Basically eliminated needing a backpack and anything else. I don't wear gloves, so I really am fond of its features. Found several used on here cheap. Also had good luck with the Stratus series. Hate my equinox pants. Too loose and baggy. The fanatic hoody is probably my most used piece just because it is so versatile. Will buy another when I wear this one out. Hope that helps. Sizing varies medium to Large for me. 5'9 150lbs.

boco7

FNG
Best of luck in your search. I think you will be very happy with the Sitka line(s). Sitka’s model is a layering system. I have all the same size and they layer together as expected. To second some others, it is more athletic cut so depending on fit preference you may want to size up (on all garments).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MinixJT

FNG
All mentioned some good advice. I have all the EV2 set sans Incinerator. The "system" for layering should all be ideally the same size. I wear XLT in Sitka and wear it in near every piece I get. They're somewhat athletic cut, so keep that in mind (recommend purchasing 1-2 pieces somewhere with very easy returns to see which size suits you best).
If you picked 3 pieces to buy IMO the Stratus Bibs/Jacket & Fanatic Vest would be the most versatile for midwestern mid season. Unless you're getting near the great lakes then I'd go Fanatic. I typically use the Fanatic combo in 10-40 degrees and layer accordingly. Also I should note the Fanatic and Incinerator are only for non active hunting, don't walk up the ridge to your stand in them lol

OP
B

Bmanges

FNG
I found a great deal on the fanatic light bibs and jacket in large, it fits great but does not seem like I would want to put many layers under. This will be for early archery. I also purchased the stratus jacket and pants, I went xl on these and plan to use them during the rut and just layer under accordingly. I still may pick up a fanatic jacket for late season. I was thinking maybe I could get away with the stratus pants and the fanatic light bibs for late season as well.

MinixJT

FNG
I found a great deal on the fanatic light bibs and jacket in large, it fits great but does not seem like I would want to put many layers under. This will be for early archery. I also purchased the stratus jacket and pants, I went xl on these and plan to use them during the rut and just layer under accordingly. I still may pick up a fanatic jacket for late season. I was thinking maybe I could get away with the stratus pants and the fanatic light bibs for late season as well.
Definitely can get away with stratus for late season. Throw a puffy under the jacket and you’d be good!