Sitka Stratus Pants/Jacket alternative

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
So I love my stratus pants/jacket. Perfect for stand hunting in cold windy conditions. I like their lighter weight and I wear them more than anything. No wind gets thru them.
But when I go on my yearly hunts up in the hills and try stalking in them, every blade of grass, burrs and stickers cling like super glue. Pretty awful infact.
Is ther another set of a similar pant/jacket combo that doesnt have a face that grabs everything? Must be fleece lined inside for warmth and with a windstopper/blocker component.

So I love my stratus pants/jacket. Perfect for stand hunting in cold windy conditions. I like their lighter weight and I wear them more than anything. No wind gets thru them.
But when I go on my yearly hunts up in the hills and try stalking in them, every blade of grass, burrs and stickers cling like super glue. Pretty awful infact.
Is ther another set of a similar pant/jacket combo that doesnt have a face that grabs everything? Must be fleece lined inside for warmth and with a windstopper/blocker component.

Have you talked with Sitka at all? Are you set on the whitetail line? Otherwise give the timberline pant a look.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Jetstream jacket and Mountain or Timberline pant. They don't make a windstopper pant but I've had both those pants in some brutal weather in Montana in -23F and had NO complaints.

Last edited:
OP
venado_hunter

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not set on the whitetail line. I have the jestream jacket, just doesnt seem as warm as the stratus. I knew there were no jestream pants though. Ill call Sitka and look into the mountain or timberline pant. I just like the wind blocking aspect. Does firstlite have a similar line?

Timberline pant for sure. They are coming out with a new version of the Timberline pant in June so you might want to wait until then to buy a pair considering these new ones are impressive. They are also coming out with a Timberline jacket in June.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Not set on the whitetail line. I have the jestream jacket, just doesnt seem as warm as the stratus. I knew there were no jestream pants though. Ill call Sitka and look into the mountain or timberline pant. I just like the wind blocking aspect. Does firstlite have a similar line?

A Kelvin vest and a Jetstream jacket make a VERY versatile combo. And I did see from ATA the Timberline and Mountain lines have been redesigned and added to for 2016. I will be at a show this weekend where there should be some new Sitka to look at. Will let you know.