SITKA USERS

K_pem

WKR
Why do you say the lighter weight or the hoody?

Because it’ll depend on hunting style. Those layers like that don’t breath as well. So if you’re gonna be hiking steep then sitting and glassing for long periods you’ll appreciate the WS down. If you do spot and stalk or more mobile hunting then you’ll like to have at least a light weight wind stop layer thats more versatile and then some sort of puffy separate. My Jetstream jacket doesn’t go with me unless im truck/quad hunting or it’s late late season in the constant snow, then i combine it with a puffy and solid base/mid layers.

OP
M

Maus1322

FNG
Quick update for those of you that care. I have the FL Kiln Hoody and now just got the Sitka Heavyweight hoody (2019). First off i didnt really know what to expect for warmth as the few places by me that carry Sitka has been sold out of my size of Heavyweight for sometime. The main thing to say is that I am IMPRESSED! This "hoody" will be a staple in my kit for late season elk for sure. The construction, synthetic blend of material and fit is awesome.

Now with that being said I think that this with a vest will be a rock solid combination for me. (Thanks guys for the suggestion!) For people out there wondering about the two hoodies(kiln vs heavyweight) i believe they are VERY different pieces and hard to compare. The kiln is definitely a layering piece and for me i believe it will be much lighter. The heavyweight i believe will work into the 30's easily while being active where last year i tried that and had to pull out my wooltimate hoody during the morning.

Well only 3 pieces left for the initial system to purchase. The jacket, puffy, and pants. Will be getting them by September! Fingers Crossed!