Six Moon Tarp Shelter

S

Salmo-Priest

I'm a huge Six Moon Design fan. I have the Gateway and love it. I have used it as a tent/shelter with a bivy behind the gates. hint. I've got the Lunar solo and just got a Lunar duo for my son(Nick)and I.

I love to poncho out in a down pour glassing for blacktails and elk.

I killed two birds with one stone.

I'm a huge Six Moon Design fan. I have the Gateway and love it. I have used it as a tent/shelter with a bivy behind the gates. hint. I've got the Lunar solo and just got a Lunar duo for my son(Nick)and I.

I love to poncho out in a down pour glassing for blacktails and elk.

I killed two birds with one stone.
Salmo
How tall are you ? I've been interested in the Gatewood Capes for a long time now but held off from buying one because I've heard that they are not great if you are over 6 ' tall
Tim

S

Salmo-Priest

I'm 6'-1" and have no problems. The above link lists it at 8'-9" long. Elk season towards the coast gets wet and windy so I like to protect my bag using my Integral Designs South Col eVent Bivy. I snagged a lite weight 40* down bag and I'm good to go. Not sure how much warmth I get from the Bivy itself but I also have a Sea to Summit silk liner thats good for about 9 degrees and weights 4oz. I have not been cold yet. And my bag is protected from grime inside and out. Them hills are muddy..

S

Salmo-Priest

Ha! Been there done that! LOL I decided I like a vestibule better.... :)