SKRE Ptarmigan in the Outlet

Lando

WKR
It’s hard to show the difference but the older summit jacket definitely has more loft and doesn’t have any baffles that have little to no down like the new one does. Also pictured is my Rab down jacket with 5 ozs of down.

Attachments

• 57EC8A73-D08A-4863-B004-8893B3C56CE6.jpeg
    57EC8A73-D08A-4863-B004-8893B3C56CE6.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 737C2B44-F700-4BD8-B0A9-2F913D3896FB.jpeg
    737C2B44-F700-4BD8-B0A9-2F913D3896FB.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 7AC59402-ED6D-46AA-AA9A-7A3BCD029B19.jpeg
    7AC59402-ED6D-46AA-AA9A-7A3BCD029B19.jpeg
    631.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 1033A2CB-CF9E-4702-BD22-C4AC8DA32C8A.jpeg
    1033A2CB-CF9E-4702-BD22-C4AC8DA32C8A.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 104

The Ace

FNG
I'm going to stick with this jacket. The fit is great, I love the pockets and hood. I have one puffy that has little loft, like this one and it is the warmest one that I have. Much warmer than some puffy jackets that have much more loft.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
We have read through all the comments and feel we should clarify a few things.

The ptarmigan jackets that are currently in the outlet section are the original Mtn Stealth down jackets. They only contain 3.5 oz of down and they have 850 fill power. They are in the Mtn Stealth pattern which is discontinued. Because of these factors they are in the outlet section for 50% off.

The ptarmigan jacket in summit and solace have 5.2 oz of down and a fill power of 850.

When we first added the Ptarmigan in Mtn Stealth to the outlet a couple of weeks ago the product page did say 5.2 oz. That was incorrect and has since been changed. We certainly did not intend to be misleading and as always if you are not happy about the jacket please send them back for a full refund.

We can promise you the Ptarmigan in Mtn Stealth are amazing jackets and do a great job in cold weather. We sold these for the first 4 years of business and have had very positive feedback.

Please feel free to call us at 435-704-9059 or email us at [email protected] for any additional clarifications.

Thanks.
Skre Gear

The ptarmigan jackets that are currently in the outlet section are the original Mtn Stealth down jackets. They only contain 3.5 oz of down and they have 850 fill power. They are in the Mtn Stealth pattern which is discontinued. Because of these factors they are in the outlet section for 50% off.

The ptarmigan jacket in summit and solace have 5.2 oz of down and a fill power of 850.

When we first added the Ptarmigan in Mtn Stealth to the outlet a couple of weeks ago the product page did say 5.2 oz. That was incorrect and has since been changed. We certainly did not intend to be misleading and as always if you are not happy about the jacket please send them back for a full refund.

We can promise you the Ptarmigan in Mtn Stealth are amazing jackets and do a great job in cold weather. We sold these for the first 4 years of business and have had very positive feedback.

Please feel free to call us at 435-704-9059 or email us at [email protected] for any additional clarifications.

Thanks.
Skre Gear
Amazing that you're listening to feedback and offering to remedy the situation.

I'll be looking to buy some items from you guys in the future.

Any plans on solids?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks.
Skre Gear
I use the mountain stealth and it’s excellent for my needs. You guys are awesome to deal with and have great products.

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
Amazing that you're listening to feedback and offering to remedy the situation.

I'll be looking to buy some items from you guys in the future.

Any plans on solids?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yes, we have some in production now. They will be ash and conifer colors. Hardscrabble pants, Jacket and a few other items. Will continue to add more as well.

Lando

WKR

Thanks.
Skre Gear

I appreciate the response and will be looking to purchase a 5.2 oz jacket in the future.

OP
Deputynrc

Deputynrc

FNG

Thanks.
Skre Gear
I am the original poster here. I have been searching for an alternative to another brand for a long time when I stumbled onto your site. I was about to purchase the newer version because the specs were so close and it came at an excellent price. Then I found the one in the outlet and jumped on it. I more than likely would not have purchased it had I known it was only 3.5oz instead of the 5.2oz. With that said, I your responses to all of us discussing the jacket has impressed me with your excellent customer service and has won my future business. I intend on keeping this jacket and am definitely considering the 5.2oz version soon. Thank you for responding and clarifying everything.

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
I am the original poster here. I have been searching for an alternative to another brand for a long time when I stumbled onto your site. I was about to purchase the newer version because the specs were so close and it came at an excellent price. Then I found the one in the outlet and jumped on it. I more than likely would not have purchased it had I known it was only 3.5oz instead of the 5.2oz. With that said, I your responses to all of us discussing the jacket has impressed me with your excellent customer service and has won my future business. I intend on keeping this jacket and am definitely considering the 5.2oz version soon. Thank you for responding and clarifying everything.
Of course, thanks for the understanding.

Benjblt

WKR

Thanks.
Skre Gear
What's the face fabric? Like what denier? Also, is the down treated?

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk