Sky talus and reckoning

Tradchef

WKR
so I had a question for anyone who packs meat in the bag. I do and have used the woodsman and reckoning and this year my cargo panel for that. I have preferred the full length centerzip on the reckoning over the woodsman especially for elk quarters. I did see the sky talus from SG has a full length center zip as well. Has anyone used the talus to haul in the main bag? I have used the x curve on an r3 a couple years ago and really liked how comfortable the system was. Any insight?

scott

Kotaman

WKR
Yes, I use a Talus to haul meat in the main bag. If you are doing whole quarters/bone in the Talus can get tight as it doesn't have the circumference of the Reckoning. I usually bone everything, so its not an issue for me. I love the new XCurve frame. I also have a Kifaru 44 Mag on an Ultralite Frame and that is a nice set up as well, but heavier.

OP
Tradchef

Tradchef

WKR
I do both. Just depends on the situation if I bone it out or leave meat on the bone. I was thinking about the 44mag but wasn’t sure about the panel load design for big quarters in the bag. I liked my SG set up for comfort. Was thinking about going back to one but I do like my kifaru a lot too.