Sleep Challenged before the big hunt?

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Sounds to me like mad ramblings from a man with the fever. Only time and a sheep hunt will break the fever. BTW, my wife usually wants to kick my butt out the door about a month before I go on a sheep hunt as she thinks I am already mentally gone.

Good luck on the hunt.

PA 5-0

WKR
Sounds to me like mad ramblings from a man with the fever. Only time and a sheep hunt will break the fever. BTW, my wife usually wants to kick my butt out the door about a month before I go on a sheep hunt as she thinks I am already mentally gone.

Good luck on the hunt.

Brother, you summed it up perfectly here!!!! Mad Ramblings!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!

Snyd

WKR
Good luck to you friend,
I hope you get a chance with your .45!!!!

Bob

Thanks Bob. After much planning, thinking and, quite frankly, agonizing. This year will be a rifle hunt. Hard to explain but it seems right this year even though a part of me want's to handgun hunt. I'm headed to a new area with a different partner this year (old friend that first took me sheep hunting). He's wanted to check out this area for years. With the way things seem to go at times, this will probably be the year of crawling over the ridge and looking down at a shooter 30yds out! :D

Maybe we'll find a good area, figure out their habits and be back next year with the 45. I do know of one spot I'd like get back to someday where I could sit on a lick and or the trails that lead to it. It's just a matter of planning and logistics to get back there. We took one there one year.

Are you going to make it to the sheep mtns this year?

raining like crazy here in Fairbanks. It reminds my wife of the August 67 flood. I suspect lots of water in the AK Range streams and rivers. The Chena here is way high.

I understand completely on the rifle thing!! I hope you guys have a fantastic trip!!

No, not going to be able to get out sheep hunting this year!! I am hoping I get drawn for a good spot next year!!

I might get to go on a late season Kodiak goat, a lot depends on my Dads health, he is 95 and is struggling. I already had to head down south once, last month, and might have to go again soon. I don't leave the State willingly. The last time I was south was 10 yrs ago.!!

Bob

Last edited:

jwb300

WKR
c) is everything made out of Titanium? if not, why not?

Classic!

At least your in the same time zone. In 3 weeks I'll be getting on a 16 hr flight Sydney to Vancouver. Then hang about all day for a flight at 5pm into Prince George... Next morning off for a full day horse ride into Mtn Goat country. I should be a wreck with the time zones but it's all in the name of hunting!

JWB300

Jdog

WKR
good luck DocB--sheep hunting in the AK mtns is magical to me.

I cannot capture the feelings/vibe it puts in my soul.

Heavy packs brother...

OP
docdb

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 17859

Don't see that on the iPad every day

Well, a little complication has come up. Saturday morning I woke up with a temp of 101 (man that wipes me out). Ironically I'm an ENT doc, and you can be sure I've taken every med I think could help. It's been work, sleep Tylenol/Advil, for five days, and it broke today, praise God!
All my gear is laid out and ready for a 6am departure.
Hope to have some cool pictures soon,
Don

Last edited:

Snyd

WKR
View attachment 17859

Don't see that on the iPad every day

Well, a little complication has come up. Saturday morning I woke up with a temp of 101 (man that wipes me out). Ironically I'm an ENT doc, and you can be sure I've taken every med I think could help. It's been work, sleep Tylenol/Advil, for five days, and it broke today, praise God!
All my gear is laid out and ready for a 6am departure.
Hope to have some cool pictures soon,
Don

Like I said... Sheep Fever!! :D