WTB Sleeping Bag for 3 year old

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a young boy who will be 4 years old this Summer and I am exited to introduce him to the outdoors here shortly. I am in need of an affordable but nice option for sleeping. We live in the PNW so probably around a 20 degree bag should suffice. Anyone have something lightly used or recommendation of what they would recommend to purchase?

rino

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't stop laughing...thinking a little tyke peeing in a down bag. HAHAHA Yes, my kids are grown and out of the house...

Seriously, we bought a couple Northface tiger (20 degree I think) and they were great for the kids for year around camping. When I mean year around obviously they weren't out in much less than low 30s but cozy. They were a full mummy bag and about 5' long. They were bomber, great kids bags. They were about 2# and reasonably compact.

Pro953

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do not think it’s a 20degree bag, but REI makes a decent bag called the Kinder Cone if I recall. My kids now 6 & 9 still use them even on some short backpacking trips. They have served us well for a starter bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jaredpilot
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for all the replies so far! I do think the Northface Tigger is a tremendous setup for kids, light and compact however I don't think it is sold anymore. It would be an easy winner if available.

I also looked into the Kindercone and agree it's a great bargain. My only concern is it may not compact very well for backpacking. Still might be the one I buy!

All great suggestions so far and appreciate the input from you all. I will worry about the little one peeing not the sleeping bag at a later date :)

titus383

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Take a look at the Big Agnes series for kids. They are adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk