Sleeping bag storage hack

Mudd Foot

WKR
Most of you are probably already familiar with what I’m about to post, but I just discovered it. Have been struggling with how best to hang/store sleeping bags in a hanging position while not being in some sort of a loose sack or uncovered so it gets dusty. Leave it to the wife to come up with a brilliant solution!

Picked up a 6 foot long garment bag from Amazon for $9. Put a hanger in the bag opening, cinched it around the hanger so it wouldn’t fall off, and voila! Hope the pics show the story.
IMG_0943.JPGIMG_0939.JPGIMG_0942.JPGIMG_0940.JPGIMG_0941.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
I was getting ready to ask this question. Just had two new down bags delivered and was wondering how I was going to store them. This looks like a perfect solution. Thanks for posting.

Simple cheap solution for a need most of us have. Thank your wife for us all! Thanks for sharing.

jolemons

WKR
Ive always worried about the down settling in the bottom of vertical baffled bags. Im sure it is a non issue, as hanging is popular with lots of folks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Mudd Foot

Mudd Foot

WKR
Many bags have hanging straps sewn in to the underside of the foot box. You can place a slotted hanger in the straps, and invert the bag every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmoots

FNG
That is tempting. I see $9 and a $10 one for wedding dress/priest vestments.