Slumberjack packs

Hey buddy. I have been using them for a couple months now. I can honestly say they are the best packs I have ever used. I have the bounty 4500, rail hauler 2500, and the flush 750. Depending on what type and length of hunting trip I am on, I use all of them. Each of them have their perks. The 4500 has several packs in one and can be used to pack in a long way and then use whatever pack you need once you get to your spot. The 2500 is awesome for carrying very heavy stuff with that rail system in it. And the flush is awesome for like early season scouting, or day trips. I actually fell down while hiking with my 4500 on and landed right on a rock slide straight on to the pack, and not a scratch. So far it has held up to some rough stuff I have used them in. Also, one day while wearing the flush, a summer rain storm rolled thru and drenched me. Nothing in my pack got wet. So, to say the least, I am very happy so far with everything about them. From the ease of use, durability, and especially all the different things they do, I can say they have been the best I have found out there and I have used a lot of different packs. Anyway, hope this helps some in your decision. Can't go wrong with these packs.

Are you part of their pro staff or something? That's a lot of new packs for someone to acquire. Can you post some pictures up? I'd be interested to see some field photos thanks

He's gotta be part of their staff. Jumps on here with his first post and says he's used all of those packs…

I had a slumberjack sleeping bag once, a long time ago, when I was a poor college student, and I nearly froze to death in it.

Eric

They're the same company as kelty and I think Aron saw them at the sheep show ? And commented that the rail was the old kelty cashe hauler frame and the 4500 was similar to the military pack ILBE . The camo is cool at least. Someone with credibility needs to test one.

We are! Plus we have videos from the shot show on them. I'm driving or I would post the videos up. They are on our vimeo page.

Has anyone actually used either of these? I am considering the Bounty 4500 for a backpack hunt would love some real life feedback. I cant seem to find any actual reviews of it in the field.

Last edited:
Just bought the bounty 4500 for $300. Missed out because i seen them as low as $230. Definitely not a Kifaru or Exo, etc. but I figured I could use it this summer for a workout pack and loaner if nothing else. Plenty of straps and pockets for my use. Waist belt strap is a little smaller than others I've seen. Been carrying #40 for workouts decent, better than my previous blue widow. Fairly stiff frame so am anxious to load it down and see how it does. For a one size-fits-all pack, seems like it will perform as advertised and will work for what I need it to do. Gonna spend more time and weight with it before I rely on it to do and extended hike.

I bought a rail hauler back in August. I used it to haul my camp up the mountain and day hunt a bit. I liked it ok but the waist belt was too big for me and I didn't end up loving using a frame pack for a do-all hunting pack. I sold it to a friend and he loves it. He has since hauled out 4 or so deer with it and it's done really well. It's not a high end pack but quality is good and it handles heavy loads well.

Thanks for the feedback. I was really hoping to get a good indepth review of these. I realize they aren't top of the line but wanted to know what to expect for comfort and durability. I can get these at a pretty steep discount so it makes it hard to pass up when I can't really make a $500+ pack purchase this year.

I had a slumberjack sleeping bag once, a long time ago, when I was a poor college student, and I nearly froze to death in it.

Eric

Ditto this exact statement. It was ten years ago, but I froze my arse off with a 20 deg. bag in 30 deg. weather.

Back