Slumberjack SJK Outpost 4 Tipi

Dom C

FNG
I put my jack in a few weeks ago and was able to get it pretty close to the peak. You want to make sure you don't have it on one of the corner seams. I picked which flat side I wanted the jack on and put it up as high as I could between two corner seams and centered on the seam running down the center of the flat side. So it only only overlapped that one seam.

Does that make sense? I can take a picture tonight if that helps.
if you can post a photo I would appreciate it. I plan on sewing a stove jack on mine as well.

Which brand Stove jack did you go with?

Here’s mine. Basically had it sewed as high as possible while avoiding the need to cut into the seams. Used it on two hunts and had 2 guys on one hunt and three on another. With three one of us had to sleep across the front door opening, so not ideal but it worked well. I don’t know if this is the perfect spot to see the jack, but it works for me.
Even with a pretty tall stove pipe and a spark arrestor installed at the base of the pipe, I still managed to get an ember hole. Small and easily patched with tenacious tape, but it happens.

12d3d626d8e7479cebeff060383aed33.jpg

3a8af028c1d6c83437e6fe565747a516.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have issues with water leaking into the tent where the stove jack is sewed in? I was thinking of making a rain flap with the extra material from cutting my stove jack in.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
if you can post a photo I would appreciate it. I plan on sewing a stove jack on mine as well.

Which brand Stove jack did you go with?
I'll try to get an actual picture later, but for now I hijacked freediver's pic.

I went with the liteoutdoors stove jack. And I sewed it on more of less where I placed that red square, only centered on the center seam of that side. By going on a different side than the vent I was able to put it a little higher and having the top of the jack almost touching the corner seams on both sides.

I have not yet tested it in the field, but in the yard it worked very well.3a8af028c1d6c83437e6fe565747a516.jpg

Usi05

WKR
I'll try to get an actual picture later, but for now I hijacked freediver's pic.

I went with the liteoutdoors stove jack. And I sewed it on more of less where I placed that red square, only centered on the center seam of that side. By going on a different side than the vent I was able to put it a little higher and having the top of the jack almost touching the corner seams on both sides.

I have not yet tested it in the field, but in the yard it worked very well.View attachment 257412

Exactly where mine is going just slightly higher. Will barely overlap two seams but will maximize space

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Has anyone weighed their shelter? Cabelas has the weight specs between 3lbs 2oz and 3 lbs 7oz.
Got it today.

Canopy weighs in at 44.5 oz

Pole at 14.5oz

Stakes at 8oz.

All weighed in stuff sack. Total weight of 4.18 lbs.

Will be planning to cut my own center pole when using it but pretty happy with it after setting it up and checking it out

Ordered luxe stove jack to put in this weekend. Search for a used stove continues as my DIY isn’t meant for anything but car camping

Got it today.

Canopy weighs in at 44.5 oz

Pole at 14.5oz

Stakes at 8oz.

All weighed in stuff sack. Total weight of 4.18 lbs.

Will be planning to cut my own center pole when using it but pretty happy with it after setting it up and checking it out

Ordered luxe stove jack to put in this weekend. Search for a used stove continues as my DIY isn’t meant for anything but car camping

Do you happen to know the length of the center pole required to pitch the tipi? I’m trying to get a weight for this setup if I can use my redcliff’s carbon fiber pole. Thanks

Usi05

WKR
Believe it’s 6 feet. Can measure tomorrow morning

Not the best scale but cut the weight by 3.5 ish oz with mountain smith stakes. Mt smith stake weight .37 oz per stake/ Stock stake weight .536 oz. per stake. Took the single stake weight on my FX120i

Not bad for $20

Attachments

• F081A397-5840-4DB0-9295-02F970D6BAC3.jpeg
    F081A397-5840-4DB0-9295-02F970D6BAC3.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DEF5765D-26BD-4AA3-8422-3FD92594212A.jpeg
    DEF5765D-26BD-4AA3-8422-3FD92594212A.jpeg
    473.4 KB · Views: 96

Usi05

WKR
Right under 3#’s after adding luxe stove jack with stuff sack. That has the rain cover on it which I probably won’t run anyway.

Cut a 6 foot piece of paracord and put that in as well so I know how long to cut center pole

Usi05

WKR
My diy stove is working nicely in outpost.

Loving stove jack placement. Allows me to keep it right next to pole and maximize room.

Now I can finally finish making last few upgrades to my stove
b5274da96afd1cbb7ca745d481605d80.jpg

MoeJoe517

FNG
I am also curious if anyone runs a nest and or floor in one of these. It seems like a lot of shelter for the price. I am looking at this as an option for a 2 man hunt in CO in September.

Trevor.b

FNG
I just ordered one myself with the “scoutdeals” promo code mentioned previously on this thread and I can’t wait for it to get here. I’ll definitely be adding a stove Jack for some hot tent camping during the rifle seasons here in Colorado

Usi05

WKR
My next project is buying or making an insert for this. Checking aliexpress and other places for one that will fit without being $$$$$$$

Trevor.b

FNG
I just ordered one myself with the “scoutdeals” promo code mentioned previously on this thread and I can’t wait for it to get here. I’ll definitely be adding a stove Jack for some hot tent camping during the rifle seasons here in Colorado
Update, mine came in today. Will post pictures when I can set it up this week!