so my buddy won a Dall sheep hunt

What happens in these raffles if they don’t end up selling all the tickets?
Not too many don't sell the alotted tickets. They either keep them on sale until all are sold and then do the drawing, or else they sell what they know will sell. On those with a drawing date, a lot of people wait till the last minute before purchasing.

Not too many don't sell the alotted tickets. They either keep them on sale until all are sold and then do the drawing, or else they sell what they know will sell. On those with a drawing date, a lot of people wait till the last minute before purchasing.
Talked to the head of the ECWSF the other day, specifically about the La Palmosa raffle....he said they will take unsold tickets to the sheep show and sell them all very quickly

I put in for years and finally decided just to move up to AK so I can hunt them OTC as a resident.

I hear the sheep population isn’t what it once was but I don’t care.

It will be amazing just to have the tag in my pocket!

mt100gr.

WKR
When I arrived in Fairbanks for my Dall hunt, got an unexpected text from my buddy that he won a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon and that he was heading up there in a couple of days. He had about a week to get ready- pretty short notice :D

What's funny is I borrowed his rifle hard case and he offered up any of his Swaro optics (has a pretty impressive collection) as he wouldn't be needing them at all. I didn't grab any of his optics (lucky for him!), but his rifle case was long gone with me- not sure if he borrowed or bought a new one.

He killed a Dall about 10 years ago in the NW Territories w/ his dad, so this won't be his first. I got to talk to him on the phone when I got home while he was waiting for his charter flight to camp. He was pretty excited, despite the short window to get ready. Said he humped a 60# pack for a week in the hills, but was not nearly prepared as we would normally be.

He enters almost every sheep raffle that is offered up and obviously it paid off.

Anyways, I think I might steal that page from him and start entering myself :)
Hopefully you're already a life member of the MT WSF chapter. We'll be giving a Dall Sheep hunt away in February at the annual fundraiser. We'll also be going live very soon with another Desert Sheep hunt raffle!

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully you're already a life member of the MT WSF chapter. We'll be giving a Dall Sheep hunt away in February at the annual fundraiser. We'll also be going live very soon with another Desert Sheep hunt raffle!

That same buddy is and I'm thinking I might be so soon :)