SO UTurn stove Newbie

archp625

WKR
I just went outside and set up my Cimmaron with my Medium UTurn stove. I put a half of log that you would get at Lowe’s to season the stove. I swear there is more smoke inside the tent than going out. What am I doing wrong?E69A4415-C03C-4CAB-BA89-6385DBCFBD9E.jpeg

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
Doesn’t sound like you have enough wood... you have to get it hot enough to draft. Half of one log is just going to smolder and won’t create enough heat to draft.

Jbehredt

WKR
Agree about needing to build it up to get it drafting. I light my fire as close to under the pipe as possible. Little more setback on the door side corners will help with the bell shape too.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes fake logs will clog the spark screen and in general make a mess . I’d clean the stove and damper and burn a real hot fire in it. There are some logs you can get on amazon that are only wood that will work if you don’t have sticks and kindling . Also you likely added a lot of soot to the pipe so it may be good to burn it hot and then cool and flip the pipe upside down and burn it again to burn away a lot of that soot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
Yes fake logs will clog the spark screen and in general make a mess . I’d clean the stove and damper and burn a real hot fire in it. There are some logs you can get on amazon that are only wood that will work if you don’t have sticks and kindling . Also you likely added a lot of soot to the pipe so it may be good to burn it hot and then cool and flip the pipe upside down and burn it again to burn away a lot of that soot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Kevin, yeah it’s all a mess. I’m going to start over tomorrow. Brian Call mentioned a fake log he uses sometimes. I definitely got the wrong kind.