Solar Charging/Juice Storage Devices

cleatus

FNG
I use mine with tremble outdoors. You can buy the maps you want and have off line viewing with gps. No service needed.

slim9300

WKR
I have three of the New Trent external batteries. I choose the size based on the length of the trip. I also own a Goal Zero solar charger and Nomad 10 battery pack. The New Trent battery is by far the way to go in my opinion unless you plan on being in the backcountry longer than 10 days.

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
Goal Zero has worked well for me. BTW- besides all the multiple uses described here already, I actually use my phone for a phone when I have service. Getting away doesn't necessarily mean I don't want to talk to Little Man or my wife.

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
GPS, I pair it with my Delorme inreach for off the grid communication, flash light, entertainment device, camera, E-book or Audio book, Alarm clock...

For multiuse items nothing beat a smart phone.

I also pair mine with inreach, works well and the battery last forever.

eltaco

WKR
My solio charger is pretty lightweight, but doesn't have a lot of capacity, either. Worked well for me last season though.

I've been considering trying a New Trent out, but I still haven't figured out if I can charge the batteries on my Garmin using the usb cable. Does anyone know if this is possible? If I can use the new Trent to power my GPS and relieve my use of AA batteries, I could justify the weight... otherwise I'll likely stick with the solio and extra batteries

ST52v

WKR
I just saw a new trent on amazon the other day for under $40 for the 12000 unit.