Solar light for showing location of camp.

ozyclint

WKR
Anyone ever use a small solar light that turns itself on when it gets dark to show where camp is?

I have always thought it would be good to have something you can leave on or near camp in alpine areas. Be handy when coming back to camp in the dark.

Weldor

WKR
Harbor freight has some good ones that fit the bill. I use the flat screen type with separate collector for pack rat control under my jeep. Used them in camp also, come on at dusk off at dawn. I just made up some small aluminum stands works like a charm.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harbor freight has some good ones that fit the bill. I use the flat screen type with separate collector for pack rat control under my jeep. Used them in camp also, come on at dusk off at dawn. I just made up some small aluminum stands works like a charm.
Which light did you use? I'm interested to see your setup.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I put a traffic cone with reflective tape on top of the truck. Headlamp catches that pretty easily.

Before I got always on power from my solar setup I got two of these for our camp on the coast, one red and one green and put them up on poles to stick up over our cabin. That was a few years ago and they're still up there blinking away. Cheap and easy, $15 and mounts to the top of a PVC pole so you could stake them in the ground or put up high if you wanted. These are bright enough I can start seeing the blinkers from the boat about 3 miles out. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FQ87G2J/

Looking for something small, light for backpacking with.

Thinking something like this-
View attachment 700065
edit: Saw this after I replied. The ones I linked are really super light, but they're more bulky obviously. They're so light I didn't think they'd last a month out in our environment.