Solo archery hunt.

CIgnasiak

FNG
I'm looking at doing a solo archery mule deer hunt in the next year or two. I'm building points until I'm able to go. At this point it's looking like it'll be solo, while I realize it's going to be difficult and I may not be punching a tag, I'm extremely excited anyway.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Are you looking at a particular state? There are definitely options that don't require points if you really wanna go sooner than later. In any case...good luck, and more importantly have fun!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Get a tag and go hunt.

Start reading and you will figure out where. Nothing replaces time in the field and if you are built for it might as well get started.

OP
C

CIgnasiak

FNG
I'm looking at going to Colorado, for a few reasons. But will be unable to go until the 2024 season at the earliest due to having my first child in the next couple weeks. I've got an idea of how I'm going to play points and hunts to be able to be in the field every year for the near future.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
having my first child in the next couple weeks
You may want to go this year; kids are easy when they're immobile, once baby is on the move it's a whole different ballgame 😁

Congrats on the baby, build points and go when the time is right. I reduced my hunting activity by A LOT when we started having kids. It's a lot to leave someone with while you're out farting off for 5-7 days. Every situation is different though.

wnelson14

WKR
Where do you live currently? With kids and time don’t drive through a state with hunting opportunity to get to a state with hunting opportunity.

OP
C

CIgnasiak

FNG
I live in South Texas, so most states are pretty far away. But I have plans to hit Colorado and Wyoming in the future. I realize Wyoming is pretty far up and away, so Colorado will be where I plan on going most often. I know Texas has mule deer, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the public land here. It doesn't seem as cut and dry as other states.

Are you looking at a particular state? There are definitely options that don't require points if you really wanna go sooner than later. In any case...good luck, and more importantly have fun!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Plus one here!
There are places that require 0 points, not to mention the OTC options. Apply, buy, pack and go. If your just getting started I would suggest just getting to mule deer country first! It is typically the biggest hurdle. Bank points later and hunt now.

I am looking to do the same. I believe I am going to do a rifle season hunt first and then do a high country bowhunt on the next go around. Best of luck!