Solunar almanac

ozyclint

WKR
Anyone use a hunting and fishing almanac? Do you find it accurate? Is it something you consult when planning a trip?

My little Garmin eTrex10 GPS has one but I've never really paid attention to it.

I should sit down and go through my trailcam pics and compare dates and times to the almanac and see if there is any correlation.

I have used it before for whitetail hunting. I had varied success. There are many other things that can influence movement. I would say use it as a tool. If you have limited time and only a week for a hunt, just hunt. The sun moon and stars might not be aligned but you are out hunting and can anything can happen at any time.

I've never used it to plan a hunt. My dad who is in his 70's loves to hear all about out hunting experiences since he isn't out there in the mountains with us much anymore. He will often look up the solar tables for the day we got our elk or deer and look at the times that they state are best for activity and its pretty interesting how often the times correlate to when we saw or shot our animals.

pirogue

WKR
My Krieger Lunar Chronometer watch shows the moon data at all times. Actually, that’s the only time I wear it, is when hunting.

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
I've actually been pretty surprised at the accuracy of the Moon Guide over the past five years or so. And we hunt big woods, not agriculture which it is tailored too, but still has a correlation.