Sony a6000 vs Nikon d5500

gsimmons2

FNG
Looking to get into filming my archery hunts and taking decent quality photos. Have it narrowed down to these two choices due to budget and other various reasons. Looking for more insight to help me make a decision. I have heard the battery life is bad on the a6000 and it has an overheating issue. TIA

bates

WKR
for video look at the a6300 it shoots in 4k.

that being said i just purchased a a6000 myself for similar reasons: mainly size & weight plus the ability to change lens, figure its a good starter package and i need to carry something other than my iphone to take pics on hunts. i didn't spend alot of time looking at video features.

what lens are you looking at? that Sigma 16mm 1.4 looks really great. im dying to take better landscape pics in the mountains.

deadwolf

WKR
Following...just got an A6000 a couple months ago as well as the Sigma 1.4/16mm and Sony 18-105mm (which I haven’t messed with yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sony is the way to go. So much better for video, smaller lighter and faster. We have sold a ton of the Sony without any issues, over heating or otherwise.
Of course we will do the right thing regardless of what you buy. We have been selling a lot of the A6000 with the Sony 18-135 lenses. Great range and so sharp. Feel free to give me a call with any questions or e-mail me

deadwolf

WKR
The Sony is the way to go. So much better for video, smaller lighter and faster. We have sold a ton of the Sony without any issues, over heating or otherwise.
Of course we will do the right thing regardless of what you buy. We have been selling a lot of the A6000 with the Sony 18-135 lenses. Great range and so sharp. Feel free to give me a call with any questions or e-mail me

Camera land is great to deal with, they sold me my A6000 after a 45min phone conversation about everything under the sun! Also got my Swaro ME1.7 from them. Great guys to deal with : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
The Sony is a fantastic camera for its class and the cost.

A lot more handy and compact than a DSLR in similar class and takes pretty dang good video.

IMO the A6XXX series is the way to go until you are ready or want to take the jump into a semi-pro/pro level DSLR

Battery life isnt the greatest with the A6000 but spares are pretty cheap and dont take up a lot of space.

Mirrorless battery life pretty much universally sucks until you jump into the new A7III cameras...with a $2000 price tag for the body alone

cochran53

FNG
The Sony is a fantastic camera for its class and the cost.

A lot more handy and compact than a DSLR in similar class and takes pretty dang good video.

IMO the A6XXX series is the way to go until you are ready or want to take the jump into a semi-pro/pro level DSLR

^ This. I just recently sold my a6000 to get the Sony A7III. The A6XXX series is a really great place to start!