Sony a7ii thoughts?

War Paint

FNG
I have a chance to buy a used Sony a7ii at what sounds like a great deal.

Does anyone have any opinions good or bad on this camera to share?

Any advice on buying used for something I should ask about or tryout when I get my hands on it?

The camera is an excellent camera for the money. NOTHING touches it under $1000, There are awesome instant savings on new ones now so be careful. A new one with the kit lens now is $999, members here would be less.There is nothing bad about this camera. You should make sure that the corners of the body are not brassing and the rear screen is working 100%
Give me a call to discuss at 516-217-1000

Joel

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Joel, You and Doug are always super cool about your feedback. Im certainly glad you all are still on Rokslide and hopefully its working out for you here. I value both of your feedback on Optics. Thank you for doing your thing.

OP
W

War Paint

FNG
The camera is an excellent camera for the money. NOTHING touches it under $1000, There are awesome instant savings on new ones now so be careful. A new one with the kit lens now is $999, members here would be less.There is nothing bad about this camera. You should make sure that the corners of the body are not brassing and the rear screen is working 100%
Give me a call to discuss at 516-217-1000

Joel
Thank you Joel. That’s actually helpful. I might be in touch soon.

I have a chance to buy a used Sony a7ii at what sounds like a great deal.

Does anyone have any opinions good or bad on this camera to share?

Any advice on buying used for something I should ask about or tryout when I get my hands on it?
You mean the older A7II, correct, not the A7III? I've had both, and the III is light years ahead of the II. IMO the A7II felt like a v1.0 product, whereas the A7III is just excellent. I use mine regularly still, even though I have several newer, "better" Sony bodies. You should be easily able to find an A7III (A7 3) for at/under $1000.

OP
W

War Paint

FNG
You mean the older A7II, correct, not the A7III? I've had both, and the III is light years ahead of the II. IMO the A7II felt like a v1.0 product, whereas the A7III is just excellent. I use mine regularly still, even though I have several newer, "better" Sony bodies. You should be easily able to find an A7III (A7 3) for at/under $1000.
The deal was for a used A7II. I passed on it but am still considering this line in general. Havnt seen a deal for an A7III at that price. Think best I’ve seen is $1700.