Sony full frame lens on aspc

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
my better half has a Sony A7iii. Im looking to get a cheaper camera that I can use to photograph wildlife and take with me on my fishing/hunting outings. From what I’ve read I’m able to use the full frame lenses on aspc camera. So we would be able to share lenses right? If so, which Sony aspc is the best value?

We have a MINT, LIKE NEW Sony A7R3 used in the original box with about 6500 shots on it I can do it for you for $1349.99 and I have one with under 700 shots on it that I can do for $1499.99

Call me at 516-217-1000

Joel
Camera Land

Yes you are correct in being able to share lenses. When you go from aps-c lens on full frame is where you lose image quality but not vice versa.

I’d have to dig a little but have heard good things about the 66-6700 series not positive connectors match

The 6600 is gone, now 6700. Great camera in its class. The issue is all of the lenses you have access to you need to use the 1.5x factor on the focal lengths. The camera I mentioned earlier blows away the 6700 and is not much more$$

OP
bwp

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
We have a MINT, LIKE NEW Sony A7R3 used in the original box with about 6500 shots on it I can do it for you for $1349.99 and I have one with under 700 shots on it that I can do for $1499.99

Call me at 516-217-1000

Joel
Camera Land
How would that one compare the the a7iii for videos of waterfowl?

It would be amazing. Much larger sensor, the video features are fantastic

Here are the key features

• 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
  • BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
  • 399-Point AF System & 10 fps Shooting
  • UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
  • 3.69m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
  • 3.0" 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
  • 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
  • ISO 102400 & Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
  • Built-In Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, Dual SD Slots
  • USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C Port & PC Sync Port
Specifically here are the video features

• Internal recording of UHD 4K video is possible in multiple frame rates up to 30 fps using the full width of the sensor with 8-bit 4:2:0 color sampling using the 100Mbps XAVC S codec.
  • Oversampled 4K recording is also possible, which uses a 5K capture area with a Super 35 crop for greater detail. This full pixel readout is void of pixel binning for higher quality imagery with reduced moiré and aliasing.
  • Full HD 1080p recording is also supported in frame rates up to 120 fps. The high-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x Slow& Quick Motion (S&Q) movie recording with the frame rate set to either 30p or 24p.
  • In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
  • 4K video recording also avails the ability to produce 8MP stills during playback by taking a frame grab from a movie and storing it as a separate file.

Hope this helps

How would that one compare the the a7iii for videos of waterfowl?
The R stands for resolution. There is a guy on YouTube that uses an A7Riii for hiking videos and his videos are freaking outstanding. Pro production quality and the ability to edit to your liking in post production. The higher resolution will get you killer night images as well.