*Spoilers* Soooo...any Game of Thrones fans?

NDGuy

WKR
Fantastic TV show and I am really sad it is over. I was pretty underwhelmed by the last season and the finale. I really think they could have used another season to flesh everything out better. What are your thoughts?

They should have stopped the show after season 6 when the Jon was named King of the North, Cersei became queen, and Dany set sail for Westeros. That’s when the book material ran out and when the quality of the show took a nose dive.

I honestly thought the last season was pretty good and couldnt see myself hating the last episode - until I watched it. Wtf lol. The last episode was awful. Why did they make such a big deal about John Snow being the rightful heir when in the end it didnt matter? Then making Bran king?! The unsullied were gone so why didnt John Snow act like he was going to the knight watch then head north? Why is there still a knight watch? I thought John Snow was going end up king and Tyrion was going to be hand to the king. Rant over.......

renagde

WKR
Not anymore....the writers are obviously crap, they don't have any imagination. Once they didn't have any books to go off of anymore, the show went down hill. They should remake the last 2 or 3 seasons once the new books come out.

Not anymore....the writers are obviously crap, they don't have any imagination. Once they didn't have any books to go off of anymore, the show went down hill. They should remake the last 2 or 3 seasons once the new books come out.

Completely agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riles1050

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to remember if I have ever been more disappointed in a superficial hobby in my entire life. The ending could not have been worse for me. Hated how there was 6 seasons of build up over the night kind and it was over so fast. Hated the way Jaime and Cersei died. Super underwhelmed by the battle of the Hound and the Mountain. Actually liked the way Snow killed Danny but hated the circumstances surrounding it. The aftermath was so rushed and didn't do the previously extremely intricate story line any justice. Bran the most worthless boring character in the entire show becomes the KING?? WTH. Obvious the writers were done with the show and wanted to move on. Last season should have been another 4 episodes minimum to do it any Justice! I better stop or my frustration is gonna boil over!

Shrek

WKR
The ending was sooo disappointing ! Without Martin the writing just wasn’t there and the imagination was lacking.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
The ending was sooo disappointing ! Without Martin the writing just wasn’t there and the imagination was lacking.
Agreed. They definitely turned on autopilot!

I feel like the overall plot points/outline that George RR handed D&D (i.e. Jon killing Dany, Bran becoming king, Jamie dying with Cersei, etc.) made sense and had plenty of foreshadowing for the last twenty three years in the books, but the show's execution was poor. If you read the interviews it's pretty clear that the showrunners burned the budget on battle sequences and couldn't afford to extend the season and flesh out the storylines with character development. From that standpoint it was pretty poorly done but I can live with it. If George ever actually finishes the books I think there's a very good chance it's extremely well done and the ending makes much more sense even with the same overall plot points. Let's just hope George lives to tell the tale because he's still got a couple books to finish.

I do have to say that I can't figure out Arya's storyline and where that came from. All of a sudden she's Ragnar Lodbrok? Odd. I also have a hard time believing Grey Worm didn't execute Jon immediately considering his willingness to kill everyone opposing Dany. And none of the other Westerosi lords apparently have any interest in being independent except the North? Yara/Asha has expressed her desire for the Iron Islands to be considered independent before so that would have been nice to see, but they shortened the season and had to make every scene get to the point and the season suffered from it.

The wait continues for TWoW and ADoS.

Shrek

WKR
And the ending with Bran as King is a disaster for the future. A man who can’t produce an heir means endless army building and political power jockeying as long as Bran rules and then war for the crown when he dies. Jon had clear legitimate claim to the throne and was young and able to produce an heir. He also had proven leadership skills and the respect of all the lords.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Few thoughts

Poor writing, no logic or sense with that ending at all.

-They completely glossed over Dany (one of the most important characters of the entire series) being murdered. How is that justice to her character?
-Why would everyone be totally fine with Bran taking over?
-Why would Dorne and The Iron Islands not secede the second Sansa said the North is seceding?
-Why would anyone left in Highgarden be okay with Bronn being their new lord? Some random cutthroat?
-Why is Brienne with Bran vs Sansa?
-Why did the Unsullied and Dothraki not go apeshit after the assassination of Dany?
-Why did they make Jon leave for the wall after the Unsullied and Dothraki just randomly left afterwards?
-All of these decisions that were made will be primed for another civil war coming. In everyone else’s eyes, the Starks just weasled their way into power.

Last edited:

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
Not that this season couldn't have been better. I was fine with everything that happened up till the very last episode. BIG letdown.

Kilboars

WKR
If you put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you a thing about it.

To many interesting non-fictional things I need to spend my time learning about before I check out.

EastMT

WKR
I first heard about it this week. Not sure what it is, but a lot of weird names and titles. Sounds like it was pretty popular. I guess I’m 8 years too late...I’m currently addicted to Paw Patrol haha.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

Pezboat

WKR
I first heard about it this week. Not sure what it is, but a lot of weird names and titles. Sounds like it was pretty popular. I guess I’m 8 years too late...I’m currently addicted to Paw Patrol haha.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

Haha! You and me both. Rubble! On the double!

If you put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you a thing about it.

To many interesting non-fictional things I need to spend my time learning about before I check out.

Take heed y’all. A man of real substance is in your midst