Spot hog triple stack or?

Seeknelk

WKR
So I haven't seen a whole lot of full season reviews on the triple stack. Looking for a new , bombproof multi pin slider for my ventum 33. Just got rid of the BG Mt lite.
I may go with the horizontal pins again I don't have an issue with them i guess.
On things I've heard is the triple stack is way heavier than all the other SH frames. Is that true? Not looking for ultralight but don't want a giant clunky thing either.
Maybe I should look at hha also?

I don't see it being way heavier than a SH pin housing, but yes, it's going to be heavier than the double pin. I can weigh several housings if you would want to see the actual numbers.

I like the triple stack, but I can't use it to the same degree of accuracy as a standard 3 pin. It's just difficult for me to use the bottom 2 pins when I can't see over or under them. It's fine for hunting accuracy, just plan on dialing for most target shooting and using it as a single pin.

OP
S

Seeknelk

WKR
I don't see it being way heavier than a SH pin housing, but yes, it's going to be heavier than the double pin. I can weigh several housings if you would want to see the actual numbers.

I like the triple stack, but I can't use it to the same degree of accuracy as a standard 3 pin. It's just difficult for me to use the bottom 2 pins when I can't see over or under them. It's fine for hunting accuracy, just plan on dialing for most target shooting and using it as a single pin.
Hmm, ok. Yeah if it doesn't seem easier to shoot then I guess I don't see why I'd go with it. Cleaner sight picture isn't worth much if it doesn't actually help shoot better.

Hmm, ok. Yeah if it doesn't seem easier to shoot then I guess I don't see why I'd go with it. Cleaner sight picture isn't worth much if it doesn't actually help shoot better.

Just for the heck of it.....

Triple stack housing- 4.1 oz
Standard 5 pin housing- 4.2oz

Both have the same MRT ring installed.

Old style "small housing" 3 pin sight with wrap that I frequently used- 3.4oz

It's a more open sight picture, I'd say I can shoot more accurately with the top pin on the triple stack, it's basically just a large scope single up pin, then of course you have marks that you can adjust for the other two pins. I will likely use the TS again this year, just use it more as a single pin instead of a 3 pin that I intend to pretty much leave locked down.

If that makes sense.

I’m coming from a basic single pin but really do like the triple stack. It’s a clean view and so durable. I was also looking at the S&S pro hunter Black Gold but am very happy with the Triple stack and the bottom pin is working really well for far shots as I'm prepping for TAC. No issues I just sighted my peep in around 40-50. The Pins are very bright in pure daylight I use a rubber band to dampen them. I’m using it on a Tommy Hogg. I’ve heard on a dovetail it may be more front heavy but no Issue for me with Tommy Hogg.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
its spendy , but I switched from the spot hogg to the landslyd by axcel wit hthe picatinny mount . I 100 percent love it . Its lighter , easier to adjust and is built excellent .

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is looking I’m selling my triple stack scope housing and pointer. Basically the kit to convert an existing SH site to the triple stack. Message me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzprong

FNG
I agree with the comments on being harder to shoot. I haven’t used the triple stack myself but used a different sight that was similar. Shooting target dots is really tough with anything besides the top pin. If you don’t shoot dots and only 3Ds and hunt it is nicer to have a cleaner sight housing.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I just mounted a triple stack Fast Eddie on my bow the other day. Unfortunately I don't have much to add as it's currently in the shop getting new strings. I picked it up for the flexibility while hunting. Typically most of my shots are while saddle hunting 20 yards and under. The possibility of having a shot at 30-40 yards is fairly rare considering how dense the vegetation is on the public land I hunt, however I wanted the option of being able to do that without dialing the sight and still having the clear sight picture of a single pin.

I was fortunate in a local shop to me had the Fast Eddie's in stock and the price was almost $100 less then I had seen online. For the $280 I paid for mine I couldn't pass it up.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I have the triple stack. The post is too thick imo. I like to be able to see 3 sides of the dot . I use mine as a single pin. Shooting the pins 30 40 and 50 is fine . Using the bottom pin as a floater at longer ranges it's useless to me . It just blocks out too much of the target

Well I picked one up. I'll see how I like it.
I really like mine. It pairs absolutely perfect with the small MRT ring and Hamskea raptor 3/16 off a Tommy Hogg. There are mixed reviews on the bottom pin but with the bottom pin I have no issues shooting it at extended ranges as I set my peep at 40-50. I think you will like it especially if you are used to a vertical post. You’ll want to make sure the sight is leveled so the middle post doesn’t look like it’s bent when you are at full draw. Let us know how it works out!

I have the triple stack. The post is too thick imo. I like to be able to see 3 sides of the dot . I use mine as a single pin. Shooting the pins 30 40 and 50 is fine . Using the bottom pin as a floater at longer ranges it's useless to me . It just blocks out too much of the target
Interesting I can see what you are saying but it doesn’t bother me. Did you shoot a non vertical post prior? I only shot vertical post so feel at home with triple stack.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting I can see what you are saying but it doesn’t bother me. Did you shoot a non vertical post prior? I only shot vertical post so feel at home with triple stack.
No I've always shot 3 and 4 pin sliders. I hunted with it last year. No issues shooting normal hunting ranges. I mostly shoot it as a single pin. Set it at 30 and shoot 10 to 35 yards without moving it. The long range 70 80 yards shooting dots using the bottom pin is where I have trouble..

No I've always shot 3 and 4 pin sliders. I hunted with it last year. No issues shooting normal hunting ranges. I mostly shoot it as a single pin. Set it at 30 and shoot 10 to 35 yards without moving it. The long range 70 80 yards shooting dots using the bottom pin is where I have trouble..
Got it that makes sense. I noticed mine seems just fine at 70-80 but I do have my peep sighted in for longer shots as I’m prepping for TAC.