Spot Hogg triple stack

Wilcut

FNG
Need some help. I have a triple stack spot Hogg sight with a dovetail for my Matthew’s lift 33 with 29 inch draw 70lb and 28inch arrows around 500 grain. For some reason after I got the correct sight tape I tried scrolling to 100 to see if it was possible and the cage is to low running into my arrow. The longest I believe I can shoot is 80 with my slider on 65. Any tips?

Attachments

• IMG_2312.jpeg
    IMG_2312.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 25

Ucsdryder

WKR
Need some help. I have a triple stack spot Hogg sight with a dovetail for my Matthew’s lift 33 with 29 inch draw 70lb and 28inch arrows around 500 grain. For some reason after I got the correct sight tape I tried scrolling to 100 to see if it was possible and the cage is to low running into my arrow. The longest I believe I can shoot is 80 with my slider on 65. Any tips?
Longer draw
Heavier weight
Lighter arrow
Move your peep up
Move your nock down
Use the top of the bubble or something other than the pin as an aiming point

The reality is that you’re going to mess up important stuff like tuning to squeak out a few yards. Most likely not worth it.

Use spray on foot powder on the bottom of your sight. Go in 2-3 yard increments until you see fletching contact. Then mark that spot on your sight with a sharpie. You can do it in your basement at 3 feet from the target.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not familiar with the fast Eddie but can't you just move the housing up to the next bolt hole

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ambush

FNG
Look at your anchor position and head angle, i.e. nock to peep height.

Lost of people with high anchor pts.

Also the triple stack is a large housing reducing clearance.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider

Your peep is probably low I have that site as well but I’m pulling 81 pounds so not an apples to apples comparison but my buddy also has that site on the same bow as me Mathews V3X 29 but his is 70 pounds 29 inch draw 550 grain arrow going around 273 gps and he can get a 100 all day. Maybe try redoing your peep or raise the housing on the body so at say 50 or 60 your peep is perfect with your anchor put at 20 or home you have to adjust your anchor a little like you do if you have it at your max distance. You should be able to get more then 80 you can also bring the site closer to the bow that will shrink your pin gaps a little bit. When I had my bow at 72 pounds 29 inch draw with 550 grain arrow same site I could get 110 with room to spare my peep is 6.75 inches from my nock point. Good luck it can be done with those specs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Move peep up, sight closer to the bow and turn fletching down. However, it is what is is for distance. I could only get 105 with the triple stack. I get about 130 with the Canyon Pounder. Like said before the housing is huge.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
You might need to start over with the sighting in process. Set the scope as high on the rail as you can and find 20 yards by using The macro adjust bolt holes then start walking back to 60 using the sight in tape

wyodog

FNG
I have the Fast Eddie triple stack as well. I can shoot beyond 100 yards with mine but I had to make some changes to my setup. here are some things that help.
1. move the sight as close as you can to the riser.
2. raise your peep sight and lower your anchor point to match.
3. adjust the bottom pen as low as you can and sight in at whatever yardage you want it at by adjusting the dial. sight in the remaining from there with the pen adjustment.
4. try lower profile fletching and adjust the nock for best clearance
If that doesn't get enough distance you can consider an increase in draw weight, lighter arrow or points, longer draw length.

Good video on options. Most of it’s been covered above, but personally I sometimes learn better by watching and listening. As a short draw low poundage shooter, getting max distance out of my set ups, particularly target setups has been challenging and I’ve learned to pull all the tricks. I can get to 101 easily at 60# and 25.5” so it can be done. Granted that’s with a 380 grain arrow, but still.