Spot Hogg vs Axcel

Grizz99G

FNG
Looking for opinions on the fast Eddie xl and the AccuTouch Carbon pro. First and foremost will be a hunting sight but I’d like to shoot some local 3D in the off season to stay sharp so wondering which sight y’all think would fit the bill best. I would probably set up a separate scope housing for 3D but for hunting I would go with a three pin model in either sight. I look forward to everyone’s thoughts. Thanks

I have two hunting bows, one has an Accutouch Carbon Pro and one has a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie double pin. They are both great sights. I think for strictly hunting the Fast Eddie (not the XL) is hard to beat. I have owned three Fast Eddie XL and I have never adjusted the dovetail. I thought I would use it for fine tuning my sight tapes but I have never needed to. It's lighter than the XL and just as accurate. For adjustability, I like the Axcel. I have three different scopes including a 3 pin that I like for hunting. I use the AV 41 or X 31 for 3D. I definitely like the carbon, it's really light but super solid.

I think you won't go wrong with either but you will save a lot of money by going with the Fast Eddie.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
G

Grizz99G

FNG
Ya if I can save the money and not lose anything that would be great but since I’m using the same bow for both scenarios I wouldn’t mind spending the extra coin if it’s worth it. I was thinking the XL model so I could hopefully adjust for the difference in hunting and 3D scope sizes without having to change peep size but that might not be needed or a big deal. I’ve read a few reviews of the axcel slider not being tight enough and moving around in hunting scenarios. Have you experienced any issues? Thanks for the info that’s exactly what I was after!

Ya if I can save the money and not lose anything that would be great but since I’m using the same bow for both scenarios I wouldn’t mind spending the extra coin if it’s worth it. I was thinking the XL model so I could hopefully adjust for the difference in hunting and 3D scope sizes without having to change peep size but that might not be needed or a big deal. I’ve read a few reviews of the axcel slider not being tight enough and moving around in hunting scenarios. Have you experienced any issues? Thanks for the info that’s exactly what I was after!
I have never had either sight loosen or move after correctly adjusting them. They both use a round horizontal rod to connect to the sight body so the scope could spin on both, but highly unlikely.

The Axcel Accutouch is a great sight but I don't think you will be sacrificing anything with the fast Eddie.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

qwerksc

WKR
I have two spothogg hoggfather set ups, yet, I look at the axcel for a 3d target rig. The hoggfather will be there at the end of the world with the cockroaches and coyotes, the axcel melt when the sun explodes.

68Plexi

WKR
No experience with the AccuTouch, but love my Spot Hogg and agree it’s as solid as they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m using a Fast Eddie (not the XL) for the first time this year. Single post with two fiber optics. It was easy to set up and zero and it’s accurate as heck as long as you calibrate it correctly. I really like it so far and hopefully I’ll get to see how it works out in the field this weekend. My last sight was a Spot Hogg fixed 5 pin and it was bulletproof so durability is not a concern. No experience with the other sight so I can’t speak to the comparison.

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie 2 pin this year as well, mounted on a Mathews Vertix. I love the sight. Like all Spot Hogg sights, it's built tough. Love the 2 vertical pin setup. When sighting in, make sure you have a backstop in place for getting to 60 yards to pick the right sight tape. Don't ask me how I know.
I don't have any experience with the Accutouch.

OP
G

Grizz99G

FNG
I ended up finding a good deal on a Hogg Father that should be here today! Judging by the responses here I don’t think I’ll be disappointed at all. Thanks again for the help!