Ultraview UV3XL SE

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Tried to like it but I don’t. I haven’t returned it yet but it’s boxed up and ready to go and I wanted to get some input before I send it back.

I use a Spott Hogg Fast Eddie on both my bows, a Traverse and Phase 4. I like the sight very much solid and durable. The pins are great, they glow in low light very well and each bow sight wears a light that really lights them up if needed. The interchangeable rings helped me find the right peep and sight picture also.

I had wanted to try a scope of some sort for a while but never really gave it much effort until I got the UV3. I simply bought the small bracket that attaches to the SH mount and swapped them out.

The UV3XL is small and the pins do not gather much light naturally. Using a plastic insert into the scope to create a visual alignment perimeter results in an even smaller aperture in the scope it seems and it already seems small. It seems well built and probably would be great for inside target archery but even the three pin hunting cartridge seems better suited for indoor target archery than hunting. After a few dozen shots I removed it, put the SH back on and boxed up the UV3 for return.

Am I missing something? These get rave reviews and seem to be a really popular scope for hunters and target shooters alike. Maybe I’m off the mark some how.