Spotter and tripod for the Range

After a recent break in, I am looking to replace my rifle range spotting scope. I previously had a Japan made cabelas scope that wasn’t high end but did what I needed it to. It sat on a manfrotto tripod and ball head. It was recently stolen with a bunch of other range gear, so I am wondering what I should replace it with. All of the other threads on spotters are geared toward hunting ie lightweight. Here, weight is not important. This will be used 99% of the time at the range and might ride in a side by side to glass for deer. Our range goes out to 1350 on steel, but most shooting is 800 and in. Not looking to spend $2k, so probably lower end when it comes to spotters. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would get a 65-65 mag spotter, best price I can afford for a used spotter. Used price is usually pretty close to quality.

Maven, Meopta, Swaro, Kowa, Vortex, Leupold Gold Ring all come to mind in no particular order.

Personally I use my 18x uhd binos for range work like that on steel. I prefer having binos especially for 800 and in. And, for glassing deer as well.

Get as beefy aluminum tripod as you can. No need for CF.

littlefish

Lil-Rokslider
For tripods RRS is the best, but are incredibly expensive. I shoot PRS and RRS with the anvil 30 head is the standard. However I run a Two Vets tripod with their 55mm ball head and I'm very happy with it. A friend of mine has a Fatboy tripod and his is great too.

Boltgun

FNG
RRS and two vets? Pretty sure $2K will barely cover the tripod and head! Haha

I’m running a Slik Pro 700DX that can be had on Amazon for $100. It’s heavy and slow to setup, but solid. For a range tripod, it works very nicely. I’ve shot out to a mile with it. And it’s been used pretty extensively for nighttime coyote hunting and even dragged around Wyoming and Montana chasing elk. There are MUCH better tripods out there, but that one punches well above price point.