Springfield Waypoint 6.5 prc gun and company problems

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
I have a Waypoint 2020 in 308. Best rifle I’ve ever owned. Tack driver. That sucks to hear all the issues folks are having with them.
That’s what a lot of people say about them. It just sure seems they have major issues with the 6.5prc. And their CS flat out sucks.

Mstacy492

FNG
Hi all. New to the post. I have been having the same problem recently with my Springfield Waypoint in 6.5 PRC. Feeding problems and scarring on the cartridge below. It took me awhile to notice because during load development I was single feeding. After reading through this entire thread I decided to try a few things. I hammered down the ears on the magazine so the cartridges weren’t riding so high. I also took some 600 grit sandpaper to the bottom of the spiral bolt and slicked it all up. After doing this the the gun feeds just fine. I wouldn’t say it feeds buttery smooth by any means but I can cycle mine every time with no problems. It still takes quite a bit of force to close the bolt though. No issues other than that. You have to play around with the magazine when bending the ears down to find the sweet spot. Too much and the cases sit too low and the bolt won’t catch the case to feed them. A little higher than that and it’s perfect. It seems to work the best when the front of the cartridge is pointed down in the mag just a bit. The spiral bolt is pretty sharp so sanding it smooth seemed to help with the scaring and overall dragging on the case below. Hope this helps! I really didn’t want send my gun to Springfield. Other than the feeding problems I’m happy with this rifle and it’s the most accurate gun I have ever owned. It keyholes at 200 yards with 124 grain Hammer Bullets.

deanno33

FNG
So glad I ran across this thread. I am considering the Waypoint 2020, Quest Squared and Havak Element in 6.5 prc. This may have helped narrow my search.

deanno33

FNG
Do yourself a favor and get the Element.

That's what I've been thinking too. Wish I could get used to that spiral fluted barrel. That is honestly my hold up as I think it's looks totally weird. If there was a carbon option or a non fluted option or a straight fluted option 🙂

sveltri

WKR
That's what I've been thinking too. Wish I could get used to that spiral fluted barrel. That is honestly my hold up as I think it's looks totally weird. If there was a carbon option or a non fluted option or a straight fluted option 🙂
I love the spiral flutes!!!

ShroyC

FNG
I have a 2020 in 6mm creed and I am having issues as well. I’ve had the rifle for 8-9 months just haven’t sent many rounds through it until recent and am having ejection issues also. Mine is not dragging on the following round much but you can see a slight rub/scratch but nothing digging in. But an empty casing will not eject. It tries but acts like it hits the bottom of ejection port and falls back in. Wish there was an easy fix! Doesn’t sound like sending it is is much fun or use!!
Sent my rifle in and got it back within a few weeks which had me questioning any repair work being performed. I Pulled it out of the case and the action was just coated in oil. Threw an empty casing in and ran bolt. As I suspected fell right back in. I sent two Lapua casings with the rifle (which didn’t make the return trip) So they would verify that it would eject. Springfield did absolutely nothing other than put a quart of oil in it. Talked to LGS and sounds like we may just send it back for a refund. Really like the rifle the service on the other hand is awful!

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Sent my rifle in and got it back within a few weeks which had me questioning any repair work being performed. I Pulled it out of the case and the action was just coated in oil. Threw an empty casing in and ran bolt. As I suspected fell right back in. I sent two Lapua casings with the rifle (which didn’t make the return trip) So they would verify that it would eject. Springfield did absolutely nothing other than put a quart of oil in it. Talked to LGS and sounds like we may just send it back for a refund. Really like the rifle the service on the other hand is awful!

That’s too bad but the same experience I had the first time I sent it in. Lots of oil and still only a single shot rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanno33

FNG
Okay, the spiral flute isn't too bad. What a nice rifle this is. Picked up yesterday. Element in 6.5 prc

Attachments

• 20240413_204101.jpg
    20240413_204101.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240413_200606.jpg
    20240413_200606.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 26

Rolltide

FNG
It's crazy to think how many of these rifles in PRC have had this issue.

I picked up a non-adjustable steel-barreled 6 Creed in December and have been blown away with how accurate it is and how much I like it.

I hadn't heard about the issues with the PRC until I decided I needed one of those, but after seeing way too many threads like this, it seems like a Seekins Element is the only way to go for a shorter barrel to use suppressed.