Squeeze bottle mayonnaise doesn't need refrigerator/cooler AFTER opening.

OP
Mike Islander
First photo shows the bottle with number of ounces.

Second photo shows full frontal.

Third photo shows the mayo bottle quartering away to the left.

Fourth photo quartering away right.

Fifth photo shows the rear.

Sixth photo nutrition facts.

This is the most informative mayo post ever!

Probably didn't need the duplicate set of photos but that's ok.

You know if this was a rifle or spotter you would want all those angles!

Again, not my fault. Copied the text and the internets added the photos. And you can't delete the photos! Voodoo magic 100%!

First photo shows the bottle with number of ounces.

Second photo shows full frontal.

Third photo shows the mayo bottle quartering away to the left.

Fourth photo quartering away right.

Fifth photo shows the rear.

Sixth photo nutrition facts.

This is the most informative mayo post ever!

Probably didn't need the duplicate set of photos but that's ok.

Here's recipe for ya

1 Cup Oil (preferrably Olive oil
1 egg yoke
1 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 TBSP brown mustard
a few cracks of black pepper

Put all of that in a wide mouth mason jar and mix with an immersion blender on high speed

Just a nice FYI. Good to know, since mayo tastes great on a lot of things and is packed with calories.

Direct from the Hellmann's/Best Foods (same mayo, different brand name west of the Rockies) website. Not necessary to keep cool AFTER opening.

Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz
Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz -

Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz -
Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz - 's® Real Mayonnaise Squeeze Bottle 12 x 11.5 oz -

Mayo squeeze bottle delivers a rich, creamy taste and texture and highly desirable balance of acidic and sweet flavor notes to enhance your menu items​

• Made with 100% cage-free eggs; gluten-free
  • Directive nozzle makes it easier to put mayonnaise right where you want it, and the clean cap keeps the product looking great on your tables.
  • No refrigeration needed
WTF...Hellmanns? Here I was thinking you were southern....Dukes is the only acceptable form of mayo to be used/talked about in SC.
Also ain't no way in hell I am not refrigerating it, I know you don't have to, but putting warm white cream on a sandwich is just wrong a bunch of different levels.

2ski

WKR
Guess I am still good with stealing chick fila individual packets of mayo,
better safe than sorry on food poisoning
most of my condiment are individual, Texas Pete , mustard, salt & pepper, mayo
I was going to say the same. Why would you carry a bottle of mayo on a backpack hunt? Why add that weight. When packets are all you would need.

atmat

WKR
Here's recipe for ya

1 Cup Oil (preferrably Olive oil
1 egg yoke
1 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 TBSP brown mustard
a few cracks of black pepper

Put all of that in a wide mouth mason jar and mix with an immersion blender on high speed
You’ve gotta be careful with homemade mayo. It is highly perishable compared to store bought, as your eggs are raw vs the pasteurized eggs that store bought uses.

You’ve gotta be careful with homemade mayo. It is highly perishable compared to store bought, as your eggs are raw vs the pasteurized eggs that store bought uses.

I'm sure there is a way to pasteurize your home made mayo. Eggs also don't need to be refrigerated despite what we've been told. Grocery store eggs will go bad after about 1.5 weeks of sitting on your counter. If you get your eggs from backyard chickens you can leave the eggs on the shelf for a number of weeks before they start going bad

atmat

WKR
I'm sure there is a way to pasteurize your home made mayo. Eggs also don't need to be refrigerated despite what we've been told. Grocery store eggs will go bad after about 1.5 weeks of sitting on your counter. If you get your eggs from backyard chickens you can leave the eggs on the shelf for a number of weeks before they start going bad
Grocery store eggs really shouldn't be left out at room temp for very long if it can be avoided. Regulations in the US require grocery store eggs to be washed, which destroys/removes the cuticle -- a naturally protective external membrane.

Outside the US, or local farm eggs, can be left unrefrigerated as they have an intact cuticle. (Edit: assuming they’re not voluntarily washed.)

You could pasteurize eggs: it's just a process of keeping them at 140F for a few minutes. But it's definitely extra work.

Last edited:
Grocery store eggs really shouldn't be left out at room temp for very long if it can be avoided. Regulations in the US require grocery store eggs to be washed, which destroys/removes the cuticle -- a naturally protective external membrane.

Outside the US, or local farm eggs, can be left unrefrigerated as they have an intact cuticle.

You could pasteurize eggs: it's just a process of keeping them at 140F for a few minutes. But it's definitely extra work.

Benefits of having a sous vide. 140 for like 30 minutes will give you a poached egg with honey like yoke. So 10 minutes would probably "cook" it just enough to pasteurize

atmat

WKR
Benefits of having a sous vide. 140 for like 30 minutes will give you a poached egg with honey like yoke. So 10 minutes would probably "cook" it just enough to pasteurize
I think you need <5, though it’s been a while since my food science coursework. It’s a pretty short process, and would be easily accomplished with a sous vide.

I hadn’t considered using sous vide to do it. You’re right, another awesome benefit of sou vide.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Keep it in the shade or below 75 degrees and you have the same conditions you see with it literally sitting on the table for days in thousands of restaurants across the US.
I've never seen mayo bottles sitting on the tables at restaurants......ever. Unless it's cold mayo it is nasty anyway, so no chance of me using it warm.....especially with eggs in it.

We are told all kinds of things every day that are false by the government, pharma, and companies. Just use your heads and make your own decisions.

2ski

WKR
I've never seen mayo bottles sitting on the tables at restaurants......ever. Unless it's cold mayo it is nasty anyway, so no chance of me using it warm.....especially with eggs in it.

We are told all kinds of things every day that are false by the government, pharma, and companies. Just use your heads and make your own decisions.
And random people on the internet. 😆