SRS Tikka T3x 20 moa scope rail

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys, not on here much as of late but with working on the Rokstock I added Rokslide to my computer and will make a point of being on here more often.

I'd like to introduce the first in what will develop into a large line of picatinny scope rails. This is the Tikka T3x 20 MOA scope rail.

Designed with a minimalist approach, none of the rail protrudes over the load port area. Made from 7075 and with a recoil pin, you don't have to worry about the rail slipping.

Available here

1704297313949.png1704297344324.png

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t got the scope mounted yet but my SRS rail looks great. Well machined with no sharp edges. Very low profile.👍🏻

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a major disadvantage to using a 20moa rail on a rifle that I rarely will be shooting over 200 yards with?

Macintosh

WKR
Height may or may not be a disadvantage or an advantage, depending on the stock. But certainly there is no advantage to using a rail with bult-in elevation if that gun will never shoot past several hundred yards (WELL past 200, anyway). There may be some advantage mechanically to keeping your zero and any dialing you do closer to the center of travel in the scope (which would point you toward NOT using a 20moa rail)—unclear to me if that is fact or fiction, but it’s the “common wisdom”. Also, many standard 1” scopes (and one particular 30mm scope that is somewhat popular here the s&b 3-12 klassik) dont have enough elevation travel to use a 20moa rail—typically you would need over 40moa of total erector travel to make a 20moa rail possible to use.

Last edited:

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Probably not always necessary, but it can keep your adjustments more in the middle of the total range instead of half. If you’re zero is at the mid point of travel you only get 50% of adjustment range. A mount with built in MOAs will give you more available travel above the zero setting. Even if you don’t need all the travel, keeping your normal dialing in the middle of adjustment range should be better than using the ends of the range. Depends on your setup though.

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
Why would you want a 0 MOA rail for a Tikka, instead of using the integral rail that’s already on it?

Do you think the dovetail area on a tikka action is enough “lip” to grab? Seems very sketchy to me. Also a rail is much easier to open up the holes on for me for my 8-40s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Do you think the dovetail area on a tikka action is enough “lip” to grab? Seems very sketchy to me.

Beyond enough. UM Tikka rings are the best mounting system for a Tikka on the market.

Also a rail is much easier to open up the holes on for me for my 8-40s

A couple tiny screws hiking a rail? Or the integral steel rail with a very large clamping surface and multiple recoil pins?

Tikkas have integral rails. Unless inclination is absolutely required, using that integral rail is the most durable scope mounting option available.

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
Beyond enough. UM Tikka rings are the best mounting system for a Tikka on the market.

A couple tiny screws hiking a rail? Or the integral steel rail with a very large clamping surface and multiple recoil pins?

Tikkas have integral rails. Unless inclination is absolutely required, using that integral rail is the most durable scope mounting option available.

What 1” options are equivalent to UM rings?