Steiner Predator 4, Zeiss Conquest 4 or Nightforce SHV for Tikka T3x Lite 7mm Rem Mag?

Darwin

FNG
Planning on getting a Tikka T3x Lite in 7mm Rem Mag soon and looking for a scope for it. I think I've narrowed it down to the Steiner Predator 4 4-16x50 (~$900), Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 (~$1,000), or the Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x50 (~$950). There's a lot out there on the NF and Zeiss, but not so much on the Steiner Predator 4. Anyone have a chance to compare the Steiner side by side with the others or have experience with the Predator 4 they can share? Or experiences good or bad with the SHV or Conquest V4?

Is there something else I should consider in the $800-$1000 price range?

KenLee

WKR
Thanks. Curious as to why the Leica? Do you have one? Have you used any of the others?
Better glass than NF.
More durable than the V4 and glass is just as good.
I've never used a Steiner.
Amplus I have hasn't been used much, but my Leica magnus i and 2 of my ER5s have been abused with no issues.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Never used a Steiner, but have read enough negatives on them I would not spend money on one.

Out of your list, I personally would get the NF.

However, for my own uses, I would up the budget slightly and get the Maven RS1.2 or an S&B Klassik (the S&B only if dialing more than 4 mil is not needed).

OP
D

Darwin

FNG
Never used a Steiner, but have read enough negatives on them I would not spend money on one.

Thanks for your comment. Went looking for info on Steiner generally, and I'm going to drop it from consideration.

Unfortunately, in doing more poking around, I've dropped the one and added two... Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 and Trijicon Credo HX 4-16x50. One step forward and two steps back it appears.

sdupontjr

WKR
Trijicon Credo Hx 4-16x50. Bought one for my CTR and nephew bought one just like it for his Tikka 7 mag.

nobody

WKR
Trijicon or Nightforce SHV, from your list. “Glass” quality between the all of them is comparable, with the differentiator being durability and reliability. The Trijicon Credo/Tenmile and SHV are all great in that regard, the Zeiss and Leupold aren’t.

OP
D

Darwin

FNG
Trijicon or Nightforce SHV, from your list.

Reading nuance on the internet is always dangerous, so maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like you don't like the choices but were just choosing the best of the ones mentioned. Is there something else in that price range you'd suggest?

nobody

WKR
Reading nuance on the internet is always dangerous, so maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like you don't like the choices but were just choosing the best of the ones mentioned. Is there something else in that price range you'd suggest?
No genuinely, both the Trijicon and Nightforce are fantastic choices. Additionally, I would look really hard at the Maven RS1.2. Those 3 would be the top of the riflescope totem pole if I was personally putting together a new rifle.

The fixed power SWFA’s are also awesome for just straight up utility and durability. I have 4 of them, and currently have a fixed 10x on my primary hunting rifle. But when I rebarrel, and on my next rifle, I will be going to either a Trijicon Tenmile, a Nightforce SHV, or the Maven RS1.2 for a little more perceived versatility.

My main point was that the other options on your list, while feature rich, lack in the realm of durability/longevity/ruggedness. So, of the options on your list, I recommended the 2 I would personally trust a tag to.

But like my signature below says, I’m just some random guy on the internet…

MojaveJim

FNG
Not sure about the Steiner predator but I have a 4x16 p4xi & M5xi that's on my Tikka hunting rifle. The glass in the M series is tier 1 but not a $1K scope, the turrets are probably my favorite of the many tier 1 scopes that I have. The P4xi was in the $1k range and is a solid option although not currently produced. I don't know what negative info is out there on the Steiner's but I prefer them over the others you've listed. The eye box on the Zeiss Conquest 4 didn't work for me at all, especially for a hunting scope & resulted in a quick sale. SHV is on par with P4xi. Don't have a Trijicon scope but have some other optics from them & their warranty / customer service is the best I've experienced.

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
P4 has better overall glass than the Zeiss or shv imo, a hell of a lot bigger fov and better eyebox as well, it’s strictly a hunting scope though, not a dialer and I haven’t put enough rounds down rage to know the durability. Nf and the Zeiss both check the durability boxes and have good glass. The Steiner is also made in Germany with German glass if that matters.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 6