Stock inletting questions

Again, I understand some folks want a perfect match though.
I think the only non-aesthetic part of it is for actions like Lone Peak where the bottom isn't perfectly round. In that case you're getting line contact between the action/stock instead of full contact. My guess is that may affect zero retention in the event of impacts to the barrel.

OP
S

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
This may not be the intent of the thread, but I ordered a 700 long action VG2 stock to go on a Christensen Arms Ridgeline 300 WM. Will I have to make any modifications to the inletting to fit the Christensen action and factory hinged floorplate? I know it's a 700 clone but I've heard there are some minor differences.

Edit: Looks like this was already asked. Thanks.
That’s definitely the intent of the thread! Thanks for
This isn’t really a question but a request. It would be cool to buy an after market carbon shell (or something like a cup) to be able to expoxy on to an exist stockys stocks grip to shorten LOP. Obviously some epoxy on the sides and fitting and sanding would need to happen, but this would be great instead of layers of epoxy or getting creative to adding layers
we were talking about 3d printing something to shorten the trigger reach but we could probably do it in carbon.

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Yes they will work with little to no fitting. The main difference is they use a side bolt release whereas a true Remington action has the bolt release right infront of the trigger. We do make our 700 stocks fit the top bolt release so you don’t have to worry about fitting that.
Thanks.

Any chance of Weatherby Mark V being made?

prm

WKR
Has there been any decision on producing a Kimber Montana Rokstok?

OP
S

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm chambered in 300wsm and I've been reading those mags won't work and I'm assuming they won't with 6.5 prc either. Was hoping there was something else in the world since CDI is no more.
Yes that's correct, the 300 wsm won't fit in the single stack magazine. I see they do this one now that takes the regular AICS double stack magazines. We would definitely have to get one in here to model for the inlet but it can be done.

Regarding CDI, Jeff was a great friend to us and we still have some of the DBMS. We've been saving them in case we ever wanted to produce them again. I haven't seen anyone else come out with anything like CDI since he passed.

lak2004

WKR
Yes that's correct, the 300 wsm won't fit in the single stack magazine. I see they do this one now that takes the regular AICS double stack magazines. We would definitely have to get one in here to model for the inlet but it can be done.

Regarding CDI, Jeff was a great friend to us and we still have some of the DBMS. We've been saving them in case we ever wanted to produce them again. I haven't seen anyone else come out with anything like CDI since he passed.
Thanks. I'm sure there would be a small market for those DBMs. When the rokstock or a stockys win 70 comes out, I'd be happy to send my action in to get the ptg wide mouth to work. I'd love to convert to 6.5prc and have a dbm. Otherwise it's going down the road in favor of a tikka

OP
S

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Will the one piece Winchester m70 floor plate/bdm work on older post 64 two piece guns?
Yes, you would just omit the middle screw(screw right in front of the trigger). If the stock is inlet for the 1 piece floor plate/dbm and you convert to a one piece floorplate/dbm, it converts your rifle over with no issues.

Yes, you would just omit the middle screw(screw right in front of the trigger). If the stock is inlet for the 1 piece floor plate/dbm and you convert to a one piece floorplate/dbm, it converts your rifle over with no issues.
Will the long action bdm be available anytime soon? Steel/blued