Stock or chassis for Howa mini barreled action

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a Howa barreled mini action in 6 ARC, 20” heavy. What are people liking better with these, a stockys type stock or chassis? Thanks

What are you planning on using it for? I’m a fan of more traditional stocks over chassis on hunting guns generally, but I’m not doing any shooting prone, or off bags or bipods. If that wasn’t the case I might prefer a chassis.

My brother has a traditional profile carbon stock on his mini and really likes it as a walking-around hunting rifle

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
What are you planning on using it for? I’m a fan of more traditional stocks over chassis on hunting guns generally, but I’m not doing any shooting prone, or off bags or bipods. If that wasn’t the case I might prefer a chassis.

My brother has a traditional profile carbon stock on his mini and really likes it as a walking-around hunting rifle
Probably a mix of plinking and hunting

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like the Stocky’s VG, it’s what I have unified all my rifles to. I had a Howa Mini built into a 6 BRA, it’s fun to shoot the 6mm bullets out of it. Such a light recoiling rifle.

fshaw

WKR
Just ordered a Pendleton stock for my 22” 6.5 Grendel barreled action. Adirondack forest hunting rifle. Will be getting a JO hinged floor plate as well. Anxious to get it together and shoot it.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a sucker for the Bell and Carlson sporter on my 6ARC. They make an M40 style too. I'd also consider a JTAC or Stocky's. The JTAC would look sweet with that heavy barrel.