Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

I've got both... adjustable cheek riser on the bravo is nice, and the grip to trigger length is shorter than on the vg... but I add my own spacers to solve both problems... and in the end the bravo is a lot more weight to haul around. The tikka mags are also a weight savings over most aics style mags... although the new mdt 3 round poly short action mags are lighter. I think you can get an aics style bottom metal for aftermarket tikka stocks... but don't quote me on that.
I’m not too concerned with weight, my main hunting rifle is 11 pounds loaded up haha. I wouldn’t hate it being lighter but it shoots so well it’s hard for me to change. I imagine the krg is the better choice for matches and such but I like the feeling of a sporter stock.

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Rokslide30 takes 30%. I’ve been trying to tell myself not to buy in but at sub $400 it’s been hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to use this tonight and it said “could not be used with current promotions”. I should have ordered the other day when it was in my cart and the code worked.

I went to use this tonight and it said “could not be used with current promotions”. I should have ordered the other day when it was in my cart and the code worked.

I ordered yesterday and it worked but just tried it and no luck. But I shoot Stockys a PM on here and bet they’d take care of you

It’s working now, we’re running free shipping this weekend and it cancelled out the code.

@Ajsomp I’d jump all over that! I was happy to pay for shipping when I saw the total cost on the stock and now the price is even better!

I was going to wait a couple months but with this discount I can’t help myself.

Question about future proofing the stockys. I have a stock t3x 6.5cm lite, and a suppressor in jail. I’m going to cut and thread the stock barrel, but in the future I may swap to a carbon barrel. If I order the stock sporter contour, will I be able to swap to carbon in the future? Or can I order the proof contour stockys and use my stock sporter barrel for a while until I upgrade?

Trying to avoid having to buy two stocks if I decide to swap barrels. @Stockys

Question about future proofing the stockys. I have a stock t3x 6.5cm lite, and a suppressor in jail. I’m going to cut and thread the stock barrel, but in the future I may swap to a carbon barrel. If I order the stock sporter contour, will I be able to swap to carbon in the future? Or can I order the proof contour stockys and use my stock sporter barrel for a while until I upgrade?

I’m in a similar boat. I ordered the sendero profile. If you read back in this thread Form suggests the sendero size for most any barrel taper

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

You can either go with proof contour and have some gap in the barrel channel or you can go with the sporter channel for now and we can reinlet it for the m24 when you’re ready to swap. You can also sand it out yourself as well.

Here is a picture of my factory tikka superlite barrel in the wider contour VG Carbon stock. I much prefer the extra space over a tight barrel channel... I know my barrel is 100% free floated, even if the stock moves under torque from a bipod or something, no way it will ever make contact with the barrel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210-131218_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210-131218_Gallery.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20240210-131206_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210-131206_Gallery.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 115

sndmn11

WKR
I’m not too concerned with weight, my main hunting rifle is 11 pounds loaded up haha. I wouldn’t hate it being lighter but it shoots so well it’s hard for me to change. I imagine the krg is the better choice for matches and such but I like the feeling of a sporter stock.
We have a few of the vg stockys and a few bravos. My wife hunts with a bravo and doesn't mind the stockys, I hunt with a stockys and don't mind the Bravo. I think I'd let cartridge and cost guide me but don't think there's a poor choice between them.

We have a few of the vg stockys and a few bravos. My wife hunts with a bravo and doesn't mind the stockys, I hunt with a stockys and don't mind the Bravo. I think I'd let cartridge and cost guide me but don't think there's a poor choice between them.
I ended up buying a bravo and magazines yesterday. Had a discount code through Brownells so it was a pretty good deal. It’ll be nice to have spacers for me and just pull them out for my wife’s small arms. Plus I carry her gun 99 percent of the time anyways.

What are you all using a protective coat (epoxy, shellac, etc) if you have to shave down material to free-float the barrel?

It isn't really necessary, but as I have been getting the plain carbon and painting them myself, all of mine get a couple of coats of clear satin once the sponge painting is complete, so any work that I have done in the barrel channel gets that.