Stone glacier access bag and spotter bag

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all

Just wonder how many of you used the access bag for extra capacity on your SG pack. If you do use one or the spotting scope bag can you let me know how they work? I will be adding to a 5900 so it might make the outside pocket harder to use. I’m going to be in the market for both

thanks

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I used to use the spotting scope bag on a Sky Archer so not quite the same. I have a 85mm angled scope and it's a pretty tight fit. I actually quit using it, mainly out of laziness. I just keep my scope on the tripod and strap that onto the back of pack now so I can set up faster.

If I need to haul anything else on the back of the pack I put the tripod in the side pocket opposite the zipper and stuff the scope inside.

If I needed more space I'd use the lid and it normally just had my food/stove, etc. I'd ditch that at the tent and keep the pack light and compressed for the day.

One other thing to think of is that you can stash easily compressible items between the bag and the frame. Just make sure it gets tucked in the load shelf. I lost a bladder not doing that.

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
I use an access pack for my 6900. I’m quite happy with it. I put my non essentials and tools in it, unclip it at camp and throw it in my tent. Very useful to have extra capacity for hardly any extra weight and it protects my tripod on the hike in.

Does anyone have experience with the access bag on an Avail? It looks like it would cover the flap on the back. I think a predator platform for saddle hunting will fit under that flap. I’m not sure if the access bag would effect this usage.

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
You can easily unbuckle the access pack from the sides, so there is almost no concern for accessibility

Kotaman

WKR
I put my soft goods in the Access bag inside the pack in daypack mode. When I kill, it goes on the outside and meat goes in the pack.