Stone Glacier Chilkoot 15 degree sleeping bag

This bag is easily good to 15 - 18 degrees comfort rating wiht only base layers. I sleep cold and have personally had mine to 16 degrees and was warm and comfortable with only base layers. I could put on puffy pants and jacket take it to 10 degrees easy.

This has been my experience also. My feet typically are cold, I jam some clothes down in the foot box and that makes the difference. I picked up some synthetic booties for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with the Marmot Banthemweight 15 degree bag? It’s a down bag and weights less than the Stone Glacier. I welcome input from anyone who has used it, thanks!

jhm2023

WKR
I'm a huge fan of my Chilkoot 15. I've been using it for two years now for everything from early spring bear to late season sheep and moose. In my experience the temp rating is pretty conservative as the Chilkoot keeps me warmer than or as warm as other down bags I've owned that had lower temp ratings. The weight of the bag compared to the warmth, packability and internal room is pretty great too. The y fuse fabric they use sheds water off like a duck's ass and the down stayed nice and lofty when my bag got rained on.

My only real complaints are that I wish they made a regular length version as most people, like myself, aren't over 6'+. Also, it's so damn comfortable, I seem far less willing to get out of it in the mornings to go hunt.

Frogman77

FNG
I just bought a chilkoot 15 deg bag. I have a marmot lithium 0 deg bag and that bag is too warm for me in almost all conditions I've hunted in. The only time the 0 bag was perfect was icefishing up here in alaska in the dead of winter.

Really looking forward to using the 15 deg bag for the rest of the season.

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
@mtnwrunner
If you were primarily hunting in second and third season type Colorado weather, do you think this 15° bag could get you by with some layers or would you go to the 0°?
I’d say absolutely, it’s rated down to 8° and if you add puffy layers you could easily get it below zero. More often than not I’m roasting in this bag.