Stone Glacier Cirque Jacket

Jon_G

WKR
How is the sizing compared to kuiu?
I personally feel like SG is a tad bit tighter. Everything I buy from them fits tighter but not at all by a huge margin. For example, If you're in between and usually go either large or medium depending on how tight you want it, then definitely go large. But if you comfortably fit one size then stick to it and it won't be a problem. Again, just from my experience.

BBell4

FNG
Thanks you for the reply. I've been looking at some of the offerings they have. Have you tried pants from them? Are they the same size up just a bit?

Jon_G

WKR
Thanks you for the reply. I've been looking at some of the offerings they have. Have you tried pants from them? Are they the same size up just a bit?
Their pants are way too long on me. I'm a 30 inseam and they use 32 for a few sizes if not all of them but they don't feel 32 they feel a tad longer. As far as waist size they feel just right if you go with their sizing chart. They are also extremely comfortable. I personally find kuiu pants size weird. One of their pants fit me and some don't. The guide pant and attack pant never fit me. Im a 33 or 34 and I couldn't fit in a kuiu 34 and the 36 was too big. Their pro brush pant fits me perfectly in a 34 though.

BBell4

FNG
Their pants are way too long on me. I'm a 30 inseam and they use 32 for a few sizes if not all of them but they don't feel 32 they feel a tad longer. As far as waist size they feel just right if you go with their sizing chart. They are also extremely comfortable. I personally find kuiu pants size weird. One of their pants fit me and some don't. The guide pant and attack pant never fit me. Im a 33 or 34 and I couldn't fit in a kuiu 34 and the 36 was too big. Their pro brush pant fits me perfectly in a 34 though.
I've always had to go a size up in kuiu attack from my standard pants. I also suffer from short legs 🤣 guess ill avoid SG pants.

Jon_G

WKR
I've always had to go a size up in kuiu attack from my standard pants. I also suffer from short legs 🤣 guess ill avoid SG pants.
Or go get then tailored if you know a good tailor. I returned mine but I'm getting their 206 pant and getting them hemmed

alpinej7

Lil-Rokslider
I would agree with that. It’s a lot more insulation than an atom LT and a touch more than an atom AR. Cut much longer, high collar.
Thx for your comparison....I've considered this jacket but was curious how it compared to the Atom LT a well-regarded synthetic mid layer insulation piece.
Do you know how the Cirque compares to the Kifaru Lost Park Parka (it's about the same weight). - thx

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Thx for your comparison....I've considered this jacket but was curious how it compared to the Atom LT a well-regarded synthetic mid layer insulation piece.
Do you know how the Cirque compares to the Kifaru Lost Park Parka (it's about the same weight). - thx
I haven’t used a LPP but I do know the cirque fits much closer/tighter. Not sure about the insulation weights in comparison, but Apex is obviously different as well as the face fabric of the LPP, compared to the Cirque. The “which is warmer” question is really one I can’t speak to.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Compared to the KUIU jackets I have used it is slightly tighter fit.