Stone Glacier De Havilland Lite Pant Review, By Jake Potter

Want - thanks for the article and post.

Very fond of my regular DeH pants so Lites are an easy yes. Will likely sell or give away other pant makes knowing I'll never wear again.

coyyota

WKR
Thanks for the review. Bummer to hear they are still noisy.
FWIW mine have gotten more quite with regular wear over the last couple of months. I honestly didn’t think they were bad at all to start, yes some noice, but not bad. There is definitely less noise compared to the regular de havilland pants. Noise/sound tolerance is pretty subjective from one guy to the next, just my perspective on them.

coyyota

WKR
Any comparison to the Kuiu Kutana?
They are slightly heavier than the kutana. They are an athletic fit but with a little bit more room in thighs/hips than kutana. To me the kutana were too slim through the hips and ass (I’m 5’11 185# average build).The pocket layout and function are better on these to me.

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW mine have gotten more quite with regular wear over the last couple of months. I honestly didn’t think they were bad at all to start, yes some noice, but not bad. There is definitely less noise compared to the regular de havilland pants. Noise/sound tolerance is pretty subjective from one guy to the next, just my perspective on them.

I agree the sound issue is very subjective from person to person. As I said tho I’ll still be using them for archery elk and have no worries of the pants messing up a stalk/stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man idk where these hunting companies get there sizing.
For anyone interested in these SG size chart is based on belt size measurements.
Not your regular pants sizes.

I'm a medium in Firstlite and an XL in SG.

Just threw up a pair of Larges forsale if anyone wants a pair.

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
How tapered are the bottoms of the leg? I prefer a taper similar to Sitka Mountain pant (fairly tapered) to minimize leg swoosh sound. I have Kutanas and wish they were more tapered. After Experiencing hip vents I can’t go back to normal pants.

street

WKR
How tapered are the bottoms of the leg? I prefer a taper similar to Sitka Mountain pant (fairly tapered) to minimize leg swoosh sound. I have Kutanas and wish they were more tapered. After Experiencing hip vents I can’t go back to normal pants.

Bumping this. Also interested in this and how the sizing compares to the regular DH's?

Man idk where these hunting companies get there sizing.
For anyone interested in these SG size chart is based on belt size measurements.
Not your regular pants sizes.

I'm a medium in Firstlite and an XL in SG.

Just threw up a pair of Larges forsale if anyone wants a pair.

Good to know. What size pants do you wear? I'm usually a 32 waist.

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
I would say they taper normally down to the cuff but the cuff is tight and keeps it close to the boot. There is a picture in the article, hope that helps.

So I'm sending the xl back.
They pants look like they would perform great but the fit just isn't rite for me.
So I normally wear a 36x 34 in the wrangler outdoor pants.
And a 36x32 or more recently a 38x32 in most jeans.
I was at the large end of the velcro adjustment.
But they were just way too long.
20210720_181531.jpg20210720_181535.jpg20210720_181548.jpg

I got a M and L and sent both back. I wear a 34x32 in all pants and I couldn't get either one to fit right. According to their sizing guide a M should have fit me perfect, but I was at the end of the zipper velcro and it was still tight. And the L I was swimming in much like the above photo. I wish they could get it figured out, the older DH's fit me the same way and was really excited with the "new" sizing but no luck for me. Which is a shame because otherwise I love the pants. Maybe offer them with a normal ridged waist, might work great for the rain gear though. I mean do folks really gain or lose 3" on a hunt?

Last edited:
I got a M and L and sent both back. I wear a 34x32 in all pants and I couldn't get either one to fit right. According to their sizing guide a M should have fit me perfect, but I was at the end of the zipper velcro and it was still tight. And the L I was swimming in much like the above photo. I wish they could get it figured out, the older DH's fit me the same way and was really excited with the "new" sizing but no luck for me. Which is a shame because otherwise I love the pants. Maybe offer them with a normal ridged waist, might work great for the rain gear though. I mean do folks really gain or lose 3" on a hike?
ya i just sent back a whole order because I tried to make it all work 1 more time. Alot of people hate kuiu here, but in my opinion they have the best athletic fit clothing out.

Those hip vents look pretty great, but sounds like the sizing will be an issue for me as well.

Ugh. Was really hoping for a resounding review on these pants, but it sounds like its just "so so". I think the color is on-point, but the issues with sizing and length have me holding back. I am a solid XXL fella, and typically I struggle finding stuff with the right length (34), but if their like the regular DH pant, they need to be hemmed up a bit for me (6'5"). Maybe I will just need to roll with the Kutana when they get back in stock.