Stone Glacier Gloves/Mittens

Voyageur

WKR
I am interested in hearing thoughts as people begin to use the new gloves and mittens from Stone Glacier.
Thanks.

I like them but don't believe for a second they are better than any of the 100 other comparable/similar gloves on the market.

Just stopped in @ Scheels and talked to their hunting guru that does their buys.

He put them on order and I’m going to try them on here when they arrive next week.

I personally need a light early season glove with dexterity and a late season bone chilling cold mitt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topher89

WKR
I got the altimeter mitts a few weeks ago. Awesome fit and the two glove system works well.

Very little out there is “way” better than other comparably priced items. These gloves are up there with the best Hestra, Black Diamond and outdoor research gloves out there. I would recommend these to anyone

sndmn11

WKR
I like the idea of the graupel but the fit looks terrible in the videos.

I tried them all on yesterday except they didn't have the M-named one. Looking for a replacement for FL Shales. The G-named one fits as it should and the touch screen stuff works fine.

They all fit fine in my regular glove size.

68Plexi

WKR
Just ordered the Graupel. Need something that has dexterity but can be worn in snow type conditions. I’ve got a bunch of gloves that are either too warm (not much dexterity), or too thin and soak any water they touch. These look like they might fit the niche I’m looking for.

I have plenty of ski gloves/mittens and separate liners, hoping these fit somewhere in between. I’ll update when they arrive.

Have to say, SG seems like they are really stepping up their soft goods game. That new cirque lite looks pretty good too.

sndmn11

WKR
Just ordered the Graupel. Need something that has dexterity but can be worn in snow type conditions. I’ve got a bunch of gloves that are either too warm (not much dexterity), or too thin and soak any water they touch. These look like they might fit the niche I’m looking for.

The dexterity is great. I had no problem texting @KickinNDishin to see if she was lost, and I also could pick up my writing pen and handle it just fine.

They seemed like a typical low knap fleece that my initial assumption was they would soak up water like a towel. They are supposed to be water resistant and I think they stand a better chance of fitting what you are after than not. Is they would have had a leather palm I'd have bought them.

68Plexi

WKR
The dexterity is great. I had no problem texting @KickinNDishin to see if she was lost, and I also could pick up my writing pen and handle it just fine.

They seemed like a typical low knap fleece that my initial assumption was they would soak up water like a towel. They are supposed to be water resistant and I think they stand a better chance of fitting what you are after than not. Is they would have had a leather palm I'd have bought them.

Thanks, that’s helpful. I’ve tried so many gloves it’s ridiculous. Backcountry season where I’m at can be 75 during the day and 25 at night or 15 degrees and snowing. I have over-mitts for when I’m glassing or things get too wet. Hoping these are a little thicker than a typical liner (as they look), but as you described with decent dexterity and a little water resistance.

Leather palms would be nice, but probably make them closer to $80 than $50.

68Plexi

WKR
I like the idea of the graupel but the fit looks terrible in the videos.
I just got a pair. I like the semi-soft shell outer and they feel warmer than my KUIU Axis were. I will say, I am a large in every glove I have, but the large in these are a little long in the fingers and especially the thumb. Everyone's hands are different, but that's the fit for me. Touch screen works very well. If they can block any wind, they will fit the niche I was hoping for.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I just got a pair. I like the semi-soft shell outer and they feel warmer than my KUIU Axis were. I will say, I am a large in every glove I have, but the large in these are a little long in the fingers and especially the thumb. Everyone's hands are different, but that's the fit for me. Touch screen works very well. If they can block any wind, they will fit the niche I was hoping for.
Same exact for me. Normally medium and fingers and thumb are just a bit too long.

I purchased the graupel fleece glove and the Altimeter mitt at the 2023 sheep show so i had a chance to try them on. I typically have been using the Outdoor research backstop sensor glove and the graupel is very similar, not sure if the fit is as good but that can be subjective. I bought the graupel in a medium though as i ussually wear a large in most gloves and like a snug fit for dexterity. I will be using the graupel and altimeter in conjuction with each other and the best fit for myself was medium in the graupel and XL in the altimeter mitt.